Re: YAC Heraldic Ideas

  • ursula_f0wler
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 8, 2010
      Thora says "I'm not sure heavy fighters would like to be thought of as butterflies." I can she wouldn't.

      I see where you want to go with the pupa/butterfly charge, but I fear it would be a bit obscure.

      Personally I am concerned that if we go with a different animal for graduates then we will dilute the message. I would hope that the graduate badge would say "here comes a young fighter with experience, who has trained in the YAC program" to all who see it.

      While a black boarder has it's merits, if we follow the marshalate badge style which is charges on a black field, we get the issue of loosing the boarder, if it is the same color as the field. Blue or green or purple would all be more viable choices, if we plan to stay with the lion red, griffin silver, and dragon gold. Of course the lions being red boarder on a black field is a color on color. Sigh...

      This is part of what makes me nuts about heraldry, only 2 metals.

      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 11, 2010
        LOL, cute joke.

        I was thinking the same thing about using different colored backgrounds for different divisons.

        Basically the "fieldless" means it is a charge you can add to any pre-existing heraldry to show your affiliation with said group.  We in An-Tir can add the populace badge to our existing heraldry, to show that we hail from and associate ourselves with the Kingdom of An Tir, or we can add it to our equipment, camp gear, etc to show the same thing.  So now we just need to decide on field colors for divisions.  I will put up a poll on the site and send everyone a link to it when it is done, so we can decide once and for all what color for each division.

        Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal