Re: [AnTirYAC] Re: YAC Heraldic Ideas

    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 3, 2010
      The specific colors I suggested where just examples, I used the colors of the Olympic medals as a guide for the idea.  We can go with other colors if we decide to.  YAC is under the purvue of the Marshal/Master of Stable, so like other martial disciplines in the SCA, I feel the badge should have the same elements of the marshal's badge that the other disciplines have:  Sable (Black) Field, Or (Gold) weapon(s) and/or symbol that represents the discipline:  2 Crossed Swords for Heavy; 2 crossed epies for Rapier; 2 crossed Arrows for Combat Archery; an armored horses head over 2 crossed lances for Equestrian; and a single sword over a scroll for the Lists. We, Thrown Weapons, Warlord, Cut and Thrust, and Siege Combat have no official badge yet.  That is why I suggested Sable (Black) 2 Swords in saltire (crossed) and in chief (top center of shield) a Yak's head caboshed (Head only, no neck) Or (Gold),  But that is just my opinion.

      Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal

      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 11, 2010
        LOL, cute joke.

        I was thinking the same thing about using different colored backgrounds for different divisons.

        Basically the "fieldless" means it is a charge you can add to any pre-existing heraldry to show your affiliation with said group.  We in An-Tir can add the populace badge to our existing heraldry, to show that we hail from and associate ourselves with the Kingdom of An Tir, or we can add it to our equipment, camp gear, etc to show the same thing.  So now we just need to decide on field colors for divisions.  I will put up a poll on the site and send everyone a link to it when it is done, so we can decide once and for all what color for each division.

        Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal