RE: [AnTirYAC] Re: YAC Heraldic Ideas

  • Evenon de Remy
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 31 9:58 AM

      Great Idea Jean-Pierre!

      I already have my vote prepped and ready!   Just point me to the poll!

      I love the Dragon/Griffon/Lion with the colored borders.

      Evenon de Remy

      AKA: Daði Manaskroggr

      Western Regional YAC Deputy

      From: sabletheblack <jaltona73@...>
      Subject: [AnTirYAC] Re: YAC Heraldic Ideas
      To: AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 4:21 PM

      I think someone brought that idea up but the response was (and I may be mistaken) that the fighters would view it as a diminutive mark rather than a badge of honor 'befitting the young warriors they are becoming' *shrug*

      And belt favors marking their rank would not be hard to make. Being a screen printer, I can make screens to print maybe three or four at a time and then they can be gifted to the fighters by the parents or barony after putting an edge on it. It doesn't actually cost that much but time, some ink and emulsion. I can even put the single color badge if someone wants to denote what Barony or Shire they are from.

      I have actually been wanting to do this since last year, but we never moved forward with a set design and I was loathe to be presumptious and just do it wanting instead to make sure we had artwork and form that was acceptable to the Kingdom.

      Sable

      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 11, 2010
        LOL, cute joke.

        I was thinking the same thing about using different colored backgrounds for different divisons.

        Basically the "fieldless" means it is a charge you can add to any pre-existing heraldry to show your affiliation with said group.  We in An-Tir can add the populace badge to our existing heraldry, to show that we hail from and associate ourselves with the Kingdom of An Tir, or we can add it to our equipment, camp gear, etc to show the same thing.  So now we just need to decide on field colors for divisions.  I will put up a poll on the site and send everyone a link to it when it is done, so we can decide once and for all what color for each division.

        Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal