Re: YAC Heraldic Ideas

  • edmundhalliday
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 25, 2010
      --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com, "sabletheblack" <jaltona73@...> wrote:

      ... It was suggested that a picture of a yaks head would be a good idea, but I never saw anything to further the idea....

      ...You can see the graphic I uploaded in the photos section. I only this morning saw the Colbert version,...

      My Lord;

      I think the yak/marshal badge is quite interesting and truly punny in a way only the SCA seems to be. That being said, perhaps the Pied Piper/marshal badge may be more communicative of our aims. Of course, this is merely my opinion, offered freely.

      Your Humble Servant;

      Edmund Halliday
      Parent but otherwise apart from YAC administration.
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 11, 2010
        LOL, cute joke.

        I was thinking the same thing about using different colored backgrounds for different divisons.

        Basically the "fieldless" means it is a charge you can add to any pre-existing heraldry to show your affiliation with said group.  We in An-Tir can add the populace badge to our existing heraldry, to show that we hail from and associate ourselves with the Kingdom of An Tir, or we can add it to our equipment, camp gear, etc to show the same thing.  So now we just need to decide on field colors for divisions.  I will put up a poll on the site and send everyone a link to it when it is done, so we can decide once and for all what color for each division.

        Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal