Re: [AnTirYAC] YAC Heraldic Ideas

    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 25, 2010
      Return Greetings Lord Sebastiaen (and all other YAC enthusiasts)

      I am overjoyed that you brought this issue back to the surface once again.  I thought it was fantastic when it was first suggested but never did enough on my end to help support it or try to push it through.

      I had the pleasure of discussing this idea at Ursulmus this year with both Evenon, (the artist formally know as Daði), and Badger.  A number of great ideas were thrown out and since it appears I am the first of the three of us to write back, I am going to float them all out there.

      First, love the idea of the yak as the symbol, but believe it could be easier if just an image of a head was represented.

      Second, since we have three different divisions of fighters, it would be wonderful if we could supply a slightly different version for each division.  Building off Jean's suggestion; the Lion's device would have one sword below the Yak head, the Griffon's device would have the two crossed swords below the yak head and Dragon's device would have a shield over-laid by the two crossed swords below the Yak head.  Or ....... other ideas?

      Third, since these would be hard devices to create, maybe they could be manufactured in the form of patches that are presented to the fighters making it easy to sew them onto a cloth favor which could be worn from their belts.

      Just ideas / suggestions.  Obviously making this project too complicated will prevent it from ever happening and it would be great to have something created and in use by the end of the year.

      I look forward to the discussion.

      IS
      Jolgeir
      YAC Warden, Barony of Aquaterra
      mka:  Jordan Boswell

      On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM, sabletheblack <jaltona73@...> wrote:

      Greetings Everyone,

      Sometime in the last year we discussed the possibility of coming up with a picture that could modify the normal fighting/marshaling badge to note that someone was a member of the YAC program. It was suggested that a picture of a yaks head would be a good idea, but I never saw anything to further the idea.

      Well with the help of Heraldic Creations (you may have seen them at Sport of Kings last year and last weekend at Mountain's Edge Defender Tourney), I have a recommendation to sew this up a little. You can see the graphic I uploaded in the photos section. I only this morning saw the Colbert version, but thought I would throw this in to spark up the conversation again....unless I have been totally daft and missed that someone has already handled this.

      What do you think?

      Lord Sebastiaen 'Sable' des Roseaux
      Youth Armored Combat Warden
      Three Mountains Barony
      mka
      David Hemmer

      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 11, 2010
        LOL, cute joke.

        I was thinking the same thing about using different colored backgrounds for different divisons.

        Basically the "fieldless" means it is a charge you can add to any pre-existing heraldry to show your affiliation with said group.  We in An-Tir can add the populace badge to our existing heraldry, to show that we hail from and associate ourselves with the Kingdom of An Tir, or we can add it to our equipment, camp gear, etc to show the same thing.  So now we just need to decide on field colors for divisions.  I will put up a poll on the site and send everyone a link to it when it is done, so we can decide once and for all what color for each division.

        Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal