Re: Youth Armored Combat Pracitce Day Report

  • ursula_f0wler
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2010
      Greetings All,

      Sable hosted a great day of YAC in our fair barony of Three Mountains.

      We had 8 youths, 2 of which are seasoned Dragon Class fighters and a great group of new fighters. Attending were 1 Lion class, 4 Griffin class, and 3 Dragon class fighters, plus parents, a member of chivalry/former royalty, and other interested folks all came out to jump start the season.

      First we went over the rules of the list and talked about chivalry and combat. Then we had most of the kids work on a Pell with Earl Sir Edward, and I ran a sword making workshop where we made or rebuilt 4 Swords. Our seasoned YAC fighters decided to work on sword making, and my daughter Thora helped teach sword making. We recognized a new YAC Marshal, and helped our neighbors in the Shire of Mountainedge start to get their YAC program outfitted.

      Thanks to Sable's hard work, our region now has 6 YAC marshals. That is quite an improvement over last season. Huzzah!!!

      As a parent of a YAC fighter who is starting her 6th season in YAC, this is shaping up into the YAC program we have always wanted.

      And we will be getting together next month to do it again.

      Thank you, Sable!