3-M Youth Armored Combat Practice Day

  • sabletheblack
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2010
      NOTE: PLEASE FORWARD THIS MISSIVE TO OTHER OUTLETS

      Greetings to all,

      We are planning our first Youth Armored Combat training and setup event on March 27th between 11 and 3pm. We are encouraging everyone to bring a lunch. We will have plenty of water for everyone, and coffee and tea for the parents. It will be held at my home at 12555 SE Bush Street in Portland, OR. THIS WILL BE AN EVENT WHERE ARMOR IS NOT REQUIRED.

      We are going to be working on basic rules of the list (to remind those who have been fighting and initiate those who have never), basic sword and shield techniques, and we will be working on armor construction. I have put a letter out to a few members of the Chivalry who have expressed an interest in helping but at this time we need a couple more to commit to helping. We currently have about 5-9 youth and 2-4 adults who have RSVP'd.

      In addition to combat initiation and basic skills building, I will be including a short section on other topics to provide some youth an initiation into greater aspects of the SCA that involve Peerage and Chivalry. One of the parents described it as a 'mini-sergeantry program'.

      Materials and tools will be available to build or supplement armor requirements. Bring some change to reimburse for the materials if you wish to keep it. There are some loaner armor parts for use, but currently no complete sets to borrow.

      You can contact me on Facebook, or by email at jaltona73@... or by phone at 503-933-8021 if you have any questions or concerns, or just to confirm. RSVP is not required but helpful.

      Lord Sebastiaen des Roseaux
      Youth Armored Combat Warden
      Three Mountains Barony