Rattan

  • kirk_1_burney
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2010
      I know the challenges with 3/4" Rattan Supply in Canada. Before I bring in a shipment for us would 28" staves work for the Youth Combat?

      YIS

      Kirk Einarsson
      Master of Stables; Barony of Montengarde
      Squire to Oak and Einar Vikingsson
    • ursula_f0wler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 27, 2010
        28 inch staves make for very short swords. For my 5'11" daughter I use a 36" stave. Most of the Dragon class teens will want a stave that is over 32 inches. The 28 inch staves make good swords for Lion class and some Griffin class kids.

        The rattan places will cut the long staves for a minimal fee. I get my 9 ft staves cut into 36" pieces, and then I can make swords for any sized YAC combatant around.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 28, 2010
          for those kids who would be comfortable with a sword that short, yeah it would.  Maybe not for the bigger Dragons.

          Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal