Re: [AnTirYAC] Sport of Kings YAC Review (Please cross-post if you feel skippy)

  • Daði Mánaskröggr Vébrandsson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2009
      Great re-cap Sebastiaen!

      I am grateful for the full report, and its great to hear that the Chivalry
      was so supportive! It sounds like you did a WONDERFUL job evangelizing
      the program and helping the empower the kids and parents to participate.
      The Chiv chat sounds like it turned out perfectly.

      Thanks so much to you and Ursula for stepping up at Sport of Kings.

      -= Daði
      Central Region YAC Deputy
      Aquaterra

      --
      "All for one, and one for all!"

      -= Daði Mánaskröggr Vébrandsson
      MKA: Daniel
    • ursula_f0wler
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2009
        Thank you, Lord Sable, You really did a great job with YAC at SoK. I had several people come up and say good things to me about all your YAC activites.

        For the rest of the list, not only did Sable do an excellent job with the YAC tourney, YAC/Chiv practice, and his YAC classes, plus getting handfasted to his lovely wife. Sable was awarded an AoA, and it is a very well deserved award. HUZZAH!

        The Friday evening Tourney was great, it was mostly Dragon class so the fighting was fast and exciting. Even with all the youth to inspect authorize, and the good number of fighters surprising the lists by showing up all at once, for the first time in 3 SoK YAC tourneys that Thora has been in, this one finished before dark! That was an accomplishment, and it made it much more fun for us parents to actually see what was going on on the field.

        The final match was between Cedric of Hawksgard, and Gianni Delamora of Dragons Mist, Cedric is almost 16 and Gianni turned 15 on Monday. They had great matches with a couple of double kills. Gianni finally won.

        Thora didn't do the YAC Chiv practice, because she was helping me with my sword workshop later, and she didn't want to be sweaty for that, but she did go to watch and do the chat part. She really enjoyed the Chiv chat. Now she wants a pell, after hearing Duke Sir Sven talk about practicing on a pell at 16 in his backyard.

        It really means a lot to the youth to have the Chivalry take an interest in the YAC program. The kids were spellbound, getting a Chiv talk all for themselves. I hope to see this at more events. The YAC Chiv practice and talk was a great idea.

      • hallgrim@greathall.org
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 26, 2009

           Sorry to have missed SoK sounds like an excellent for YAC in all ways.