Sport of Kings

  • sabletheblack
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9 6:57 PM
      Good evening everyone,

      So the class list for YAC at Sport of Kings s available. I needed to find out for those that are teaching, when is the best time to schedule your class. They need to integrate it into the ordering.

      Thanks

      Sebastiaen "Sable" desRoseaux
      aka
      David Hemmer
    • hallgrim@greathall.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11 9:59 AM

        Hi Sebasitaen:

        I apologize, but due to unforeseen real life events, I cannot attend Sport of Kings.  Perhaps, someone else on the list can fill in for me?

        Hallgrim

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12 9:45 AM

          Greeting to the list!

          I am having problems finding small diameter rattan for our youth fighters north of the 49 (in BC). I was wondering if it would be possible to have some delivered at Sport of Kings? A couple of heavies in our area are going and would be able to pick it up. Shaving down larger rattan seems such a shame… (and time consuming)

          If anyone can help me out, I would be appreciate it :)

          Cheers

          Morgaine Essex

          Seagirt

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12 9:05 PM
            Replied to off-list

            --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com, "Morgaine Essex" <morgaine_essex@...> wrote:

            > Greeting to the list!
            >

            > I am having problems finding small diameter rattan for our youth fighters
            > north of the 49 (in BC). I was wondering if it would be possible to have
            > some delivered at Sport of Kings? A couple of heavies in our area are going
            > and would be able to pick it up. Shaving down larger rattan seems such a
            > shame. (and time consuming)
            >

            > If anyone can help me out, I would be appreciate it :)
            >

            > Cheers
            >
            > Morgaine Essex
            >
            > Seagirt

          • meghan
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 15, 2011
              Copied from Facebook group:
              Hey all, as you know Sport of Kings is this week! There is only ONE youth combat class being taught this year, Fri 9-11 on Track F. As only 1 person has signed up for it, i would like to say that all drop-ins are welcome! It will cover safety information and the basics to know, but that doesn't mean beginners only. What is going to be taught is adapted from heavy combat and is designed to make a smooth transition into heavier combat.

              Lady Azizah Bint Rustam,
              ~Meghan Sexton
            • ursula_f0wler
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 16, 2011
                Last Sport of Kings, my sword building class only had a couple of folks pre registered, but when class time came I ended up with almost a dozen people, so don't be surprised if you end up with a good number of people.

                I will be teaching my sword building class on Friday. I tried to get my Saturday class rescheduled for later, because I won't be on site that early, and without any pre registrations it will be cancelled. I only have a couple of people pre registered for Friday, but I expect there will be more people signing up at gate.