Youth Armored Combat Parents Boot Camp

  • sabletheblack
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      *** PLEASE FORWARD TO RELATED LISTS ***

      Greetings,
      My name is Sebastiaen desRoseaux though some of you may know me as Sable. I have chosen to pick up the torch to restart the Youth Armored Combat program in Three Mountains Barony. To this end, we are running a Youth Armored Combat Parents Bot Camp! The date is May 10th, 2009 beginning at noon. This event will be 4 hours at my home in Portland, OR. The event will be for adults and older youth only(14+ and older please and only with a parent). We will cover the AnTir Book of Youth Armored Combat (ABYAC), answer any questions you have, and get into a little bit of armor construction as well. There may also be a small demonstration with two of our older fighting youths if we can get a Senior Marshal to show up. We will use this time to take ideas you might have in helping to develop the local program.

      We welcome all who want to learn about the program (even if you live outside of the Barony), parents of eligible children (at least 6 but less than 18 years of age) as well as thos who might have something to add to the program -- <b>armorers, heavy fighters and members of chivalry are highly encouraged to attend</b> even if you dont' have eligible children.

      You are quested to bring a copy of the AnTir Book of Youth Armored Combat, a notepad and something to write with, and a personal chair. If you RSVP, copies of the small manual will be available for $1.90 (cost of printing). Some snacks and drinks will be available, but if you would like to bring something to share that would be excellent.

      It is my personal opinion that our investment today to train our children in the ways of chivalry and history will provide a return that is beyond measure in the future. I hope that with this program, we will see the beginnings of future royalty and peerage of the SCA developing before us.

      So here are the details again:

      Youth Armored Combat Parents Boot Camp
      May 10th, 2009 Noon-4pm
      RSVP REQUESTED BUT NOT REQUIRED
      RSVP TO jaltona73@...

      LOCATION:

      Sebastiaen "Sable" desRoseaux
      aka
      David Hemmer
      12555 SE Bush Street
      Portland, Oregon
      NOTE: I live on a flag lot and there is some parking on the driveway. If not, park on the street and walk up the 50 yards to the end of the driveway.

      In Service

      jaltona73@...
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2009
        I wish this was a week or two later.  I just got done Co-Autocratting Mayfaire this weekend, and still trying to dry out.  I will still be recovering physically and financially from this nest weekend, but would love to come.

        Youth Armored Combat Warden for the Barony of Glymm Mere

        RSVP TO jaltona73@yahoo. com

        jaltona73@yahoo. com