Looking For Suggestions

  • sabletheblack
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
      Good afternoon everyone,

      So we are putting together the YAC program here in 3 Mountains and my
      suggestion was to have a parents orientation night where parents can
      come to learn about what is going to be required of them, their
      child(ren), the investment and for those willing to take the time,
      construction of weapons and armor so that they can help to identify
      broken or damaged armor and maybe even fix it themselves if they have
      the initiative....

      Anybody ever run a night or weekend like this? What did you include
      in your list of topics? Did you find anything particularly helpful in
      getting certain points across? What points did you find you had to
      focus on the most?

      Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you

      Sebastiaen "Sable" desRoseaux
      aka
      David Hemmer
      jaltona73@...
    • Daði
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009

        Hi Sebastiaen,

        I ran a similar night when I started the program here in Aquaterra.    I’d say the big thing is to get RSVPs.    Attendance is the biggest obstacle.   I had current rule-books to hand out, and a proposed practice schedule (of course I also asked everyone to bring their calendars).

        I had a few folks show up, and the most questions were about weapon & armor construction.

        Hope that helps,

        -= Daði