Re: YAC device...

  • ursula_of_fowlkeep
    Message 1 of 50 , Jan 15, 2009
      Hi Jean-Pierre,

      Usually whe I think about day tripping I'm thinking in terms of a short trip, but Mayfaire
      sounds like alot of fun and a good YAC Tourney, so I'm talking with my husband about it.
      I'd like to go, but I don't want to do all the driving alone. He is in school full time right
      now, so out of town trips take a bit more planning.

      Your favors for the combatants sound great. I'd like to see one on Thora's belt. So that is
      why you are so on top of the YAC badge. I'm still looking for good yak images, but most of
      the images are so dark I can't make anything useful of them.

      Sorry to be so slow about replying, I've been a bit distracted with a dance performance at
      my dance studio. The performance went well, but I feel kind of washed out for the next
      few days.

      --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com, Jean Colbert <hljpcolbert@...> wrote:

      > Well, if you are day tripping, then you will be happy to hear Mayfaire will be in Elma, WA,
      which is only twenty minutes off the I-5 corridor.  I am co-autocrating it, and my
      stipulation to my Baron for me to autocrat it was that we have a Youth Armored Combat
      Tourney..  Not sure what the prize will be yet, for fee's for the Merchants we are only
      asking for contributions for tourney prizes.  It may be a Championship tourney, but Their
      Excellencies have not decided yet.  I do plan to make belt favors for all the combatants
      who enter the tourney, that is one reason I am pushing for the YAC badge, so I can figure
      out what to put on the favors.  As it stands currently, I am leaning towards a blue feild
      with goutte d'eau (white rain drops) to represent the Barony of Glymm Mere, a Yak to
      represent represent the YAC tourney, holding a strawberry to represent Mayfaire, with the
      A.S. Year underneath.

      Message 50 of 50 , Apr 9 11:00 PM
        If they could bestow the WOAW on a Barony instead of individuals, our Barony would have been WOADed a long time ago.  We are known as the whimsical Barony.  Our Baronial Guard is known as the Beevarians, and every year we have a war with Blath an Oir over honey, and it is called Honey War, we wear black and yellow striped tabbards.  Our current Baron has instigated a new program in our Barony, that provides learning material to any one with a norse persona, known as "No Norse Left Behind," and they always have lots of pictures, since we know they do not like to "draw sounds."  I think if a WOAW spy sat in on one of our business meetings, s/he would be pulling his hair out by the end of it, lol.

        Youth Armored Combat Warden for the Barony of Glymm Mere