Re: YAC device...

  • ursula_of_fowlkeep
    Message 1 of 50 , Dec 22, 2008
      Why the Pied Piper badge?

      I ask because I think it would be a turn off for teens if YAC had the same hearaldry as Pied
      Piper. The Dragon class teens might rather have a College of Pages badge with swords.

      I don't think a pied piper based device would stop a kid who was really interested in YAC
      from becoming a fighter, but I think we would have trouble getting teens to see it as their
      badge too, if it's the same or too similar device to pied piper. Most of the YAC fighters I've
      known over the years in my barony have all started at 10 or older, so YAC has never
      seemed like a pied piper type activity to me.

      I do like the idea of hearaldry for YAC, but I think we need to be sure the device is
      acceptable to both the younger kids and teens. Personally I'd rather we make our own
      device instead of borrowing someone elses.

      --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroups.com, Jean Colbert <hljpcolbert@...> wrote:

      > I like the idea of combining the Marshalate badge with the Pied Piper badge, that HL
      Morgaine Essex mentioned in her email.  It fits really well, since our venue can fall under
      either officer.  Lets wait to see what she finds out, then we can go from there.
      > So that would be "Per Pale purpure and argent, two orbs counterchanged, or two swords
      crossed" if I remember my blazoning correctly.  For those of you who do not speak
      heraldic blazoning:  "A purple and white field split right down the middle from top to
      bottom, a white circle on the purple field and a purple circle on the white field, with two
      yellow swords crossed in the middle.  Or to make it more a little more like the marshalate
      badge, we could replace the

      Message 50 of 50 , Apr 9, 2009
        If they could bestow the WOAW on a Barony instead of individuals, our Barony would have been WOADed a long time ago.  We are known as the whimsical Barony.  Our Baronial Guard is known as the Beevarians, and every year we have a war with Blath an Oir over honey, and it is called Honey War, we wear black and yellow striped tabbards.  Our current Baron has instigated a new program in our Barony, that provides learning material to any one with a norse persona, known as "No Norse Left Behind," and they always have lots of pictures, since we know they do not like to "draw sounds."  I think if a WOAW spy sat in on one of our business meetings, s/he would be pulling his hair out by the end of it, lol.

        Youth Armored Combat Warden for the Barony of Glymm Mere