Hello

  • tommdool
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
      Hello everyone, I'm Thorbjorn Bjornsson. I'm a senior Marshal for
      youth Combat and junior Heavy. I'm in Ravensley were we have one
      other senior youth combat marshal.

      We currently mosly just do blue helm. We have as many younglings and
      Adults in our group. We could outfit an entire army of blue helms if
      need be. Two of our teens are tring to get there youth combat armour
      together. So hopefully we will have them ready for next tourney
      season. I'll post some pictures on this group for others to see.

      Lord Thorbjorn Bjornsson
      Constable, Deputy MoS of Ravensley
      Webminister / Sentinel Deputy editor or Tir Righ
    • Una
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
        Thanks for breaking the silence!

        I'm Una Glamdottir from Blatha An Oir. I'm not personally a marshall
        yet but my husband and one other member of our barony are junior youth
        combat marshalls. I sort of help out on the organizing/business end of
        things.

        Within our Barony, there are several youth in armour with roughly 10-12
        more youth interested in beginning work on their own. There is a lot
        of interest here and we are excited for the near future.

        Unfortunately, we forgot the camera at home for Autumn War and didn't
        get any pics. We'll try and take some at our fighter practices.

        Lady Una Glamdottir
        Minister of Children/Pied Piper of Blatha An Oir

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
          Welcome Thorbjorn,
             I am gald to see the future generation of heavy fighters is growing strong.  We just had a tournament at Autumn War, and it was a great turn out, if my count is correct, there where about 30 contestants.
             Where is Ravensly?  I am in the western most part of Glymm Mere (Aberdeen, WA.).  We are in a small group that we call the Village of Fenwood.  It is a sub group of members within the Barony of Glymm Mere, but we live so far away from the main body of members we have formed a village.
              What exactly is a "blue helm?"  I am a newly certified (pending) junior marshal, and have never heard that terminology before.
             YIS,
               Jean-Pierre

          tommdool <tommdool@...> wrote:
          Hello everyone, I'm Thorbjorn Bjornsson. I'm a senior Marshal for
          youth Combat and junior Heavy. I'm in Ravensley were we have one
          other senior youth combat marshal.

          We currently mosly just do blue helm. We have as many younglings and
          Adults in our group. We could outfit an entire army of blue helms if
          need be. Two of our teens are tring to get there youth combat armour
          together. So hopefully we will have them ready for next tourney
          season. I'll post some pictures on this group for others to see.

          Lord Thorbjorn Bjornsson
          Constable, Deputy MoS of Ravensley
          Webminister / Sentinel Deputy editor or Tir Righ

          "Oh what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant with just a sling and a stone."
          Mark Hall: Casting Crowns: The Voice of Truth

          "In every victory let it be said of me, my source of strength, my source of hope, is Christ alone."
          Michael English: Christ Alone

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
            We got some pics of the tourney, most of them are of the matchs with our son Alex in them, mostly of the combatants who where in the oldest age group, and a couple of me marshalling.  I have not yet posted most of them because I do not feel right posting pics with other peoples children, with out thier concent.  And since I do not know most of them, its hard to get thier consent.
               YIS,
                 Jean-Pierre

            Una <unaglamdottir@...> wrote:
            Thanks for breaking the silence!

            I'm Una Glamdottir from Blatha An Oir. I'm not personally a marshall
            yet but my husband and one other member of our barony are junior youth
            combat marshalls. I sort of help out on the organizing/business end of
            things.

            Within our Barony, there are several youth in armour with roughly 10-12
            more youth interested in beginning work on their own. There is a lot
            of interest here and we are excited for the near future.

            Unfortunately, we forgot the camera at home for Autumn War and didn't
            get any pics. We'll try and take some at our fighter practices.

            Lady Una Glamdottir
            Minister of Children/Pied Piper of Blatha An Oir

            --- In AnTirYAC@yahoogroup s.com, "tommdool" <tommdool@.. .> wrote:

            > Hello everyone, I'm Thorbjorn Bjornsson. I'm a senior Marshal for
            > youth Combat and junior Heavy. I'm in Ravensley were we have one
            > other senior youth combat marshal.
            >
            > We currently mosly just do blue helm. We have as many younglings and
            > Adults in our group. We could outfit an entire army of blue helms if
            > need be. Two of our teens are tring to get there youth combat armour
            > together. So hopefully we will have them ready for next tourney
            > season. I'll post some pictures on this group for others to see.
            >
            > Lord Thorbjorn Bjornsson
            > Constable, Deputy MoS of Ravensley
            > Webminister / Sentinel Deputy editor or Tir Righ

            "Oh what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant with just a sling and a stone."
            Mark Hall: Casting Crowns: The Voice of Truth

            "In every victory let it be said of me, my source of strength, my source of hope, is Christ alone."
            Michael English: Christ Alone

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Tomm Dool
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
              Well Ravensley is In Tir Righ.  We are located on Vancouver Island on the west coast.

              Blue helm i for anyone, but mostly for children 4 and up.  If you go to the picture area of this group I uploaded two images of blue helm.  Basicaly it is a helm made out of blue camping foam.  You duct tape or velcro a poolnoodle ball on top.  the object is to knock off the ball with a poolnoodle sword.  Everyone loves it and we always do it for entertainment between Heavy combat rounds.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
                Sounds like a hoot.  Would you be willing to write up a little article or some such about it, including patterns etc. and post it in the "Files" section?  This sounds like something that could really catch on.
                   YIS,
                     Jean-Pierre