Dinner Time?

  • liveinlogic
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2005
      Hi All,

      I am looking forward to attending the AmericansInLeipzig group dinner on Thursday
      night and while I know that it may not have been determined exactly where the dinner is
      taking place (as Avacdo is closed), would anyone know at what time dinner is scheduled to
      commence? The reason that I am asking is that I am arriving in Leipzig on the afternoon
      of Wednesday May the 11th and plan on catching the Thursday morning train to from
      Leipzig to Berlin to see as much as possible, however I would like to come back from Berlin
      in time for the dinner.

      Thanks, Jason "liveinlogic@..."

      P.S. Anything happening in Leipzig on Wednesday night?

      P.S.P.S. Are tickes being sold in Leipzig on Wednesday night or does that not start until
      Thursday?
    • Shea Hovey
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2005
        On Apr 3, 2005, at 9:41 PM, liveinlogic wrote:

        > I am looking forward to attending the AmericansInLeipzig group
        > dinner on Thursday
        > night and while I know that it may not have been determined exactly
        > where the dinner is
        > taking place (as Avacdo is closed), would anyone know at what time
        > dinner is scheduled to
        > commence?

        Dinner will be around 7ish. Exact details will be announced in about 2
        weeks.

        > P.S.P.S. Are tickes being sold in Leipzig on Wednesday night or does
        > that not start until
        > Thursday?

        In years past, the earliest one could buy tickets or get your armbands
        was Thursday around 5. I don't see any details about ticket booth
        hours yet on the Treffen website, but I'm sure the hours will be posted
        there as the fest gets nearer.

        Shea
        Shea Hovey
        girlspy@...

        "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they can
        take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones, they cannot."
        -Niccolo Machiavelli
      • liveinlogic
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
          --- In AmericansInLeipzig@yahoogroups.com, Shea Hovey <girlspy@m...> wrote:

          > On Apr 3, 2005, at 9:41 PM, liveinlogic wrote:
          >
          > > I am looking forward to attending the AmericansInLeipzig group
          > > dinner on Thursday
          > > night and while I know that it may not have been determined exactly
          > > where the dinner is
          > > taking place (as Avacdo is closed), would anyone know at what time
          > > dinner is scheduled to
          > > commence?
          >
          > Dinner will be around 7ish. Exact details will be announced in about 2
          > weeks.
          >
          > > P.S.P.S. Are tickes being sold in Leipzig on Wednesday night or does
          > > that not start until
          > > Thursday?
          >
          > In years past, the earliest one could buy tickets or get your armbands
          > was Thursday around 5. I don't see any details about ticket booth
          > hours yet on the Treffen website, but I'm sure the hours will be posted
          > there as the fest gets nearer.
          >
          > Shea
          > Shea Hovey
          > girlspy@m...
          >
          > "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they can
          > take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones, they cannot."
          > -Niccolo Machiavelli

          Thanks so much Shea! See you then!

          Jason "liveinlogic@..."
        • Tracy
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2005
            Latest News and Informations
            This year there will be the following locations available for the Wave-Gotik-Treffen:

            Haus Auensee
            Moritzbastei
            Werk II Hall A
            Werk II Hall 5
            Krypta at the "Völkerschlachtdenkmal"
            agra-Messepark
            Parkbühne Clara Zetkin Park
            Cine Star Filmpalast
            Schauspielhaus
            UT Connewitz
            Torhaus Dölitz
            Anker
            Parkschloß
            Parkbühne Geyserhaus
            Thomaskirche
            Sixtina
            Villa
            Darkflower
            Auerbachs Keller
            Die Insel
            Krystallpalast Varieté
            and other clubs and locations in Leipzig

            Haus AuenseeMoritzbasteiGustav-Esche-Straße 5Universitätsstraße 9tram(s) 10,11tram(s) 4,7,12,15stop at "Wahren"stop at "Augustusplatz"

            Werk II hall AKrypta/VölkerschlachtdenkmalKochstraße 132Dr. Wilhelm-Külz-Park/Prager Straßetram(s) 10,11tram(s) 15stop at "Connewitzer Kreuz"stop at "Völkerschlachtdenkmal"

            agra hallagra hall 4.2Bornaische Straße 210Bornaische Straße 210tram(s) 11tram(s) 11stop at "Am Eichwinkel"stop at "Am Eichwinkel"

            ParkbühneCinestarClara-Zetkin ParkPetersstraße/Petersbogentram(s) 2,8tram(s) 2,9,16stop at "Karl-Tauchnitz-Straße/Neues Rathaus"stop at "Roßplatz"

            SchauspielhausUT ConnewitzBosestraße 1Wolfgang-Heinze-Straße 12atram(s) 1,14tram(s) 10,11stop at "Gottschedstraße"stop at "Connewitzer Kreuz"

            Werk II hall 5Torhaus DölitzWindscheidstraßeHelenenstraße 24tram(s) 10,11tram(s) 11stop at "Connewitzer Kreuz"stop at "Leinestraße"

            AnkerParkschloßKnopstraße 1Goethesteig 6tram(s) 10,11tram(s) 11stop at "Dantestraße"stop at "Dölitzer Straßenbahnhof"

            Parkbühne GeyserhausThomaskircheGräfestraße 25Thomaskirchhof 18tram(s) 12tram(s) 9stop at "Virchowstraße"stop at "Thomaskirchhof"

            SixtinaVillaKatharinenstraße 11 (Sachsenplatz)Lessingstraße 7tram(s) 1,3,4,7,8,10,11,15,16tram(s) 1,2,14stop at "Hauptbahnhof"stop at "Gottschedstraße"

            DarkflowerAuerbachs KellerRitterstraße 44-46Grimmaische Straße 2 (Mädlerpassage)tram(s) 1,3,4,7,8,10,11,15,16tram(s) 1,3,4,7,8,10,11,15,16stop at "Hauptbahnhof"stop at "Hauptbahnhof"

            Die InselKrystallpalast VarietéButtergasse 9Magazingasse 4tram(s) 3tram(s) 4,7,12,15stop at "Kunzestraße"stop at "Augustusplatz"

          • Tracy
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2005
              On the Wednesday/Thursday before WGT, we were gonna go out for something to eat in the evening... has anybody been to a good restaurant in the city and recommend me a normal/vegetarian menu which would be located near the balance hotel which is near the Prager Strasse (exactly on Breslauer Strasse), or the Hauptbauhnhoff?

              i have searched the archives, and there aren't any specific named restaurants or info for tram stops where the restaurants are.

              Maybe we could have a recommendation for restaurant just like we do for hotels?

              Thanks!

            • p.lister@hull.ac.uk
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2005
                I can't recommend any places as it will be our 1st time we have been to
                Leipzig.

                Perhaps you can read some of the reviews for Leipzig on the VT Travel site.
                Reviews are written by real travellers & locals so tend to be honest.

                http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Germany/Land_Sachsen/Leipzig-42312/Restaurants-Leipzig-BR-1.html

                I have posted a message on their forum so hopefully some useful tips will turn
                up.

                PJ