NI4D Act Study Continued - Deliberative Committee - "Expert"???

  • srubnaya
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2010

      "Deliberative Committee.

      After the public hearing the Trust shall convene a Deliberative

      Committee demographically representing the jurisdiction to review

      each initiative. The Deliberative Committee shall be drawn at random

      from a pool of citizens judged for their civic maturity from the voter

      registration rolls of the relevant jurisdiction developed and

      maintained by the Trust. Each member of the Deliberative Committee

      shall be fairly compensated for time spent and expenses incurred in

      performance of Committee duties. The Trust shall provide technical

      support and such additional resources as are necessary for the

      effective discharge of the Committee's duties. The Deliberative

      Committee shall review the Hearing Record, secure expert advice,

      deliberate the merits of the initiative, and prepare a written report of

      its deliberations and recommendations. By two-thirds vote, the

      Deliberative Committee may alter the Title, Summary, Preamble or

      text of the initiative, provided that the changes are consistent with

      the stated purposes of the initiative."

      Just a cautionary and hopeful note:

      It will be interesting to see what is considered "Expert" in these important matters.

      I do hope that some of the proposals will have "Experts In Innovative Change For The Better", (E.I.I.C.F.T.B.), where pertinent expertise in "present reality", or "current actualities" is lacking. Men and Women who have a good grasp of what has been tried and what has not...and who have demonstrated a desire for the kind of "Change", that would help America become a "Better Nation". Helping these, would be the folks who can "see" what might happen if A was added to C instead of B.

      Expertise tends to be about "what is" and not "what could be".

      Expertise also tends to support the "Status Quo", or "business as usual" syndrome...which is undesirable, (just my wee opinion), in Our Present State Of Affairs.

    • Joshua N Pritikin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2010
        On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 01:22:16AM -0000, srubnaya wrote:
        > It will be interesting to see what is considered "Expert" in these
        > important matters.

        For one way this has been handled in the past, see the "Citizens Jury
        Handbook" at
        http://www.jefferson-center.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={50312803-2164-47E3-BC01-BC67AAFEA22E}

        Chapter 10 (Advisory Committee) discusses how the experts are selected.
      • srubnaya
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 4, 2010

          :)WOW Mr. Pritikin. All i did, after sending this last comment, was go out into the front yard to talk to my Sweety...for a minute. When I got back you had already responded. I am totally impressed by that! Well done.

          Man! Either You had little to do right at that moment, or You are super sharp.

          Uh lets see.:-? Oh yes. The great web site you suggested will help me a lot in this study. Right away I could see its quality and importance to the education of the Awakening American People. So...now I have even more depth and breadth to study myself. I sure wish I wasn't such a "dunder head", (slow in learning cuz slow in reading), but I continue to do what I can. There is a lot of turmoil in my life right now, (as usual?), and this contributes to my snail pace. This makes me all the more appreciative of your guidance in these vital matters.

          It did cause me a bit of concern to see that the "Jefferson Center" site had not been "updated" since 2009. I do hope that this is not an indication of another great educational idea and effort bogging down in apathy. Such is the common tragedy of Our Nation these days. At any rate, I will study there too...though I suspect that my concerns about "what is expert" are answered there, in sufficient wisdom and strength to freshen my Hopes about this.

          Thanks for the guidance Teacher. Again You have served all of Us by helping me.

          Hmmm:-? I am ready to endorse and help NI4D, but please understand that I am quite limited in resources at this time. Is there a NI4D Store yet? (stickers, patches, brochure, signage)? I need to start reading current efforts in Your movement, as well as the "Work Done" part.

          By any chance, have You established contact with Dr. Robert Bowman ? If so, has He indicated any supportive attitude toward NI4D?

          Has any co-operation occurred, between Your respective movements?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 4, 2010
            On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 02:09:53AM -0000, srubnaya wrote:
            > It did cause me a bit of concern to see that the "Jefferson Center" site
            > had not been "updated" since 2009. I do hope that this is not an
            > indication of another great educational idea and effort bogging down in
            > apathy.

            That is not the case here.

            Currently http://www.cafepress.com/ni4d

            http://ni4d.us/en/node/21

            > If so, has He indicated any supportive attitude toward NI4D?

            Yes, he supports NI4D.

            > Has any co-operation occurred, between Your respective movements?

            I don't know.
          • srubnaya
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 4, 2010

              Inserted responses below:

              --- In American_Peoples_Plebiscite@yahoogroups.com, Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin@...> wrote:

              > On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 02:09:53AM -0000, srubnaya wrote:
              > > It did cause me a bit of concern to see that the "Jefferson Center" site
              > > had not been "updated" since 2009. I do hope that this is not an
              > > indication of another great educational idea and effort bogging down in
              > > apathy.

              That is not the case here.

              Then perhaps it is the case that sufficient work has been accomplished, in this site, about this matter, and no more is needed...for a while.

              > > Hmmm [:-?] I am ready to endorse and help NI4D, but please understand
              > > that I am quite limited in resources at this time. Is there a NI4D Store
              > > yet? (stickers, patches, brochure, signage)?

              Currently http://www.cafepress.com/ni4d

              Ahh. Lots of goodies to get. Hope "Cafe Press" has a way I can send cash or check. I don't deal with credit or banks.

              Permission to make some patches from your logo to use on my clothing? Will pay a fair price for this permission.

              > > I need to start reading current efforts in Your movement, as well as
              > > the "Work Done" part.
              > >
              > > By any chance, have You established contact with Dr. Robert Bowman ?

              http://ni4d.us/en/node/21

              Ooooh yes. And so many more. Great!

              > > If so, has He indicated any supportive attitude toward NI4D?

              Yes, he supports NI4D.

              > > Has any co-operation occurred, between Your respective movements?

              I don't know.

              Well. I guess if he had, you would know. At this point I need to know more about your work in progress. I will go to the NI4D site and delve deeper into this.

              Thanks for the paths to the information I sought.

            • Joshua N Pritikin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
                On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 03:51:37AM -0000, srubnaya wrote:
                > --- In American_Peoples_Plebiscite@yahoogroups.com, Joshua N Pritikin
                > <jpritikin@...> wrote:
                > > > Hmmm [:-?] I am ready to endorse and help NI4D, but please
                > understand
                > > > that I am quite limited in resources at this time. Is there a NI4D
                > Store
                > > > yet? (stickers, patches, brochure, signage)?
                > >
                > Currently http://www.cafepress.com/ni4d <http://www.cafepress.com/ni4d>
                >
                > Ahh. Lots of goodies to get. Hope "Cafe Press" has a way I can send cash
                > or check. I don't deal with credit or banks.

                We would actually like to move our shop to http://www.zazzle.com/

                Are you interested in working on that?

                > Permission to make some patches from your logo to use on my clothing?

                You don't need permission. Go ahead.

                > Will pay a fair price for this permission.

                Tax-deductable donations are voluntary.
              • srubnaya
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010

                  Good Morning Mr. Pritikin:)

                  What would you need me to do about "Zazzle"? I will help if I can.

                  I will send a donation as soon as I can.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
                    On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 04:43:57PM -0000, srubnaya wrote:
                    > What would you need me to do about "Zazzle"? I will help if I can.

                    What somebody needs to do is create an account and upload the NI4D
                    artwork. If that seems overwhelming, don't worry about it. Somebody else
                    will do it eventually.

                    > I will send a donation as soon as I can.

                    Great!

                    We are currently preparing a progress report on the NI4D documentary.
                    You might like to read it, http://film.ni4d.us/business.php
                  • srubnaya
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010

                      Would I need to have a credit card account to get started with Zazzle? No gotsa credit. I have eliminated credit and banks from my life.