[AFA Ferret] Good-bye Spike

  • Shannon Waller
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2001
      I just lost one of my babies, Spike. I went downstairs to set up a movie
      and then went upstairs to bring my three troublemakers back down to play.
      Spike was seizing and lost control of his bodily functions. It's the worst
      thing I've ever seen. I had to take him to an emergency clinic.

      Good-bye Spike. Even though you were with us for just six months, we'll
      miss you like it was six years. I'll see you again someday on the otherside
      of the Rainbow Bridge!

    • Carrie Leo
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2001
        Shannon,

        Do you know what the seizures were a result of? How old was Spike? Where
        did you get him?

        Carrie

        > I just lost one of my babies, Spike. I went downstairs to set up a movie
        > and then went upstairs to bring my three troublemakers back down to play.
        > Spike was seizing and lost control of his bodily functions. It's the
        worst
        > thing I've ever seen. I had to take him to an emergency clinic.
        >
        > Good-bye Spike. Even though you were with us for just six months, we'll
        > miss you like it was six years. I'll see you again someday on the
        otherside
        > of the Rainbow Bridge!

      • S Brandt
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2001
          I`m so sorry for your loss.It is never easy.Terri

        • kewlkritters@uswest.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2001

            Shannon Waller wrote:

            I just lost one of my babies, Spike.

            We are so sorry to hear that Spike has left us.  You are in our thoughts {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

            --
            Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
            ~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~

          • Shannon Waller
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2001
              Spike was somewhere between 4 and 5 years old and we rescued him from a
              local animal shelter about 6 months ago. (How quickly you get attached to
              fuzzies). He was suffering from insulanoma (sp?). He had had one seizure
              before, when we first brought him home, due to a poor diet at the animal
              shelter. Since then, though, he had been fine, just tired out quickly. My
              husband and I knew that he wouldn't be with us for a long time, but the
              condition I found him in last night REALLY shocked me. He had been fine the
              night before, he even played longer than usual with the others before he
              retired to the recliner for a nap. He must have somehow known.

              Thanks everybody for your kindness.

              Shannon

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2001
                That must have been a terrible shock to you. I'm sorry to hear about
                your loss.

                --Dav
              • dav_and_frances_vandenbroucke@compuserve
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 3, 2001
                  We had a very similar experience with a hob named Wolfie. We found
                  him in an insulinomic coma on the bottom of his cage one evening. We
                  spent most of that evening in an emergency clinic but still lost him
                  around three in the morning. There is no good way to lose a ferret,
                  but finding him like that is a hard one. My sympathies.

                  --Dav