Re: [AFA Ferret] rainbow bridge

  • Shadow4173@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2001

      Rainbow Bridge

      Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal
      dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow
      Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they
      can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and
      our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and
      old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made
      whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and
      times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing:
      they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all
      run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks
      into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to
      quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass,
      faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special
      friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted
      again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
      beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone
      from your life, but never absent from your heart.
      Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

      *Author Unknown*

    • Shannon Waller
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2001
        Dear Shannon,

        So sorry to hear about Floyd. I had told everyone I knew about his
        firefighting skills. I will say a prayer for him tonight.

        Shannon and the Boys (Twitch, Ralph, & Spike)

        >From: Shannon Eigenman <shay1327@...>
        >To: AmericanFerretAssociation@egroups.com
        >Subject: [AFA Ferret] rainbow bridge
        >Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:00:11 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >Thanks all for the advice on Floyd but sadly to say he
        >passed across the rainbow bridge on jan 22 due to
        >distemper. the vet said he probaly had it when I got
        >him. if any of you out there believe in prayer it
        >would be nice if you said a little prayer for Floyd.
        >If someone could send me a copy of the poem the
        >rainbow bridge i would appreciate it.
        >
        >shannon
        >ozzy + millee
        >
        >Pink "Fire Fighter" Floyd
        >9/27/00 - 1/22/01
        >I miss you bud!

      • Teresa Van Roy
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 24, 2001
          --- Shannon Eigenman <shay1327@...> wrote:
          > Thanks all for the advice on Floyd but sadly to say
          > he
          > passed across the rainbow bridge on jan 22 due to
          > distemper. the vet said he probaly had it when I
          > got
          > him. if any of you out there believe in prayer it
          > would be nice if you said a little prayer for Floyd.
          > If someone could send me a copy of the poem the
          > rainbow bridge i would appreciate it.
          >
          > shannon
          > ozzy + millee
          >
          > Pink "Fire Fighter" Floyd
          > 9/27/00 - 1/22/01
          > I miss you bud!
          > shannon i am so sad to here about floyd it must be
          very hard because once you know a fuzzie they are in
          your heart forever. i just rescued a mistreated 3 yr
          old fuzzie from someone who shouldnt have taken him in
          and i was gonna wait to get him his shots until i took
          my other two babies back to the vet in one month for
          thier final shots for the year distemper is a very
          mean disease and i am going to make an appointment
          today and get him taken care of because he deserves
          the best treatment possible. god bless you and your
          babies
          fara, flower, rikki and their human teresa
        • Liz Harding
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 19, 2002

            The Rainbow Bridge

            inspired by a Norse legend

            By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
            Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
            Where the friends of man and woman do run,
            When their time on earth is over and done.

            For here, between this world and the next,
            Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
            On this golden land, they wait and they play,
            Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

            No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
            For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
            Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
            Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

            They romp through the grass, without even a care,
            Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
            All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
            Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

            For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
            Together again, both person and pet.
            So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
            The time of their parting is over at last.

            The sadness they felt while they were apart,
            Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
            They embrace with a love that will last forever,
            And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

            © 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky. All Rights Reserved.
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 19, 2002
              try going to www.bratbabiespostcard.com, they have some very nice poems about ferrets and other pet losses also there is a cute one called, and the lord created ferrets.