heart worm pills?

  • amandalynn hicks
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30 10:10 PM
      Hi,
      I was wondering if giving my ferrets a heartworm pill
      once a month is necessary. They never go outside, and
      I know there is still the possibility of them getting
      heartworms, I was just wondering how many of you use
      them for your ferrets.
      Also, can anyone suggest a good ear cleaner.

      Thanks

      =====
      Amandalynn

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • wenmister13502
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2002
        I take my ferrets outside everyday. They are on heartworm and also
        advantage for fleas. Heartworm, I get from the vet.

        wendy - kirby and cody
        > Hi,
        > I was wondering if giving my ferrets a heartworm pill
        > once a month is necessary. They never go outside, and
        > I know there is still the possibility of them getting
        > heartworms, I was just wondering how many of you use
        > them for your ferrets.
        > Also, can anyone suggest a good ear cleaner.
        >
        > Thanks
        >

        > =====
        > Amandalynn

        > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • marypfra
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2002
          > Also, can anyone suggest a good ear cleaner.

          I use mineral oil to clean their ears - this also helps keep earmites
          away. It's about $2.50 for a big bottle at walmart and works alot
          better than most commercial ear cleaners out there, IMO (and I've
          used alot of them over the years <g>).

          Mary
          www.ferretrescue.com
        • Kathryn P
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
            Hi All,
            I use it every month!! On all 10 of my guys and gals.
            Plus I use a flea control that I get from the Vet.
            because We have problems with sand fleas. I don't want
            to lose my babies to heartworms and I really hate
            fleas. I and do beleive my furry kids hate them worse!
            Kathy and the Gang
            --- wenmister13502 <wen@...> wrote:
            > I take my ferrets outside everyday. They are on
            > heartworm and also
            > advantage for fleas. Heartworm, I get from the vet.

          • Staci
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2002

                I have found that my ferts will not eat heartworm medicine BUT :) ..... Revolution is drops put embetween the shoulderblades.  It is for ticks, fleas, heartworms and other worms.  It is given once a month and I LOVE IT:)  My vet told me that 1 heartworm while in a dog or cat is not life threatening (besides the fact that it will produce more heartworms)  But since a fert is has soo small a heartworm that it is deadly.  So yes I would put your babies on heartworm medicine.  Get Revolution it will take care of everything.

              -Staci, Osiris, Kassia, Chloe & Griffin - The Ferts

              PS  No I am not getting any $$$ from Revolution:)  And No I do not own any stock in them:) hehehehehe

              Do You Yahoo!?
            • Kathryn P
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 5, 2002
                Hi All,
                The way that I get mine to eat the heart worm pills
                is to crush them up and mix them with their hair ball
                med. They all really love that stuff and they get the
                protection from the heart worms and the same time!!

                Kathy and The GANG

                --- Staci <staci_sharp@...> wrote:

                > I have found that my ferts will not eat heartworm
                > medicine BUT :) ..... Revolution is drops put
                > embetween the shoulderblades. It is for ticks,
                > fleas, heartworms and other worms. It is given once
                > a month and I LOVE IT:) My vet told me that 1
                > heartworm while in a dog or cat is not life
                > threatening (besides the fact that it will produce
                > more heartworms) But since a fert is has soo small
                > a heartworm that it is deadly. So yes I would put
                > your babies on heartworm medicine. Get Revolution
                > it will take care of everything.
                > -Staci, Osiris, Kassia, Chloe & Griffin - The Ferts
                >
                > PS No I am not getting any $$$ from Revolution:)
                > And No I do not own any stock in them:) hehehehehe

                http://sbc.yahoo.com
              • Betty Cameron

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 8, 2002

                     Sorry for the implication about 1 not being harmful:)