New Member Intro

  • Celeste
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2012
      Hello, everyone!

      I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is
      Celeste and I am in Washington state.

      I adopted my first ferret today :) He is a baby boy
      and was born on 12/18/2011. Already spayed and neutered
      as he is a Marshall ferret.

      I personally have never owned a ferret, but
      my other half has, thankfully lol. I work in
      a pet store as a grooming assistant, so I
      have bathed some ferrets and have done lots
      of nails, so he did get both today. He did
      awesome for it.

      He is sooo sweet and both myself and my
      boyfriend of 8 years have bonded with him
      already. Working on a name for him :)
      Color wise, he seems to be a light sable.

      According to all the paperwork, in about 5 weeks,
      I will be ready to take him in for his rabies shot.

      Look forward to speaking with you all!

      Celeste
    • ferretmomCindy
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2012
        Welcome to farenthood! And the group!:) ferretmomCindy

        Celeste <martial_arts_renewal@...> wrote:

        >Hello, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is
        >Celeste and I am in Washington state.
        >
        >I adopted my first ferret today :) He is a baby boy
        >and was born on 12/18/2011. Already spayed and neutered
        >as he is a Marshall ferret.
        >
        >I personally have never owned a ferret, but
        >my other half has, thankfully lol. I work in
        >a pet store as a grooming assistant, so I
        >have bathed some ferrets and have done lots
        >of nails, so he did get both today. He did
        >awesome for it.
        >
        >He is sooo sweet and both myself and my
        >boyfriend of 8 years have bonded with him
        >already. Working on a name for him :)
        >Color wise, he seems to be a light sable.
        >
        >According to all the paperwork, in about 5 weeks,
        >I will be ready to take him in for his rabies shot.
        >
        >Look forward to speaking with you all!
        >
        >Celeste

      • kristinepotter
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 21, 2012
          Welcome, Celeste! Lots of great and recent information on this list. Also, consider registering on the ferrethealth list as well. And don't hesitate to ask questions and post updates. Hope you and your boyfriend enjoy ferrenting as much as my boyfriend and I enjoy it. :-D

          Cheers,
          Kristine -- currently owned by Athena and Heri; watched from above by Bucky and Zoe

          --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, "Celeste" <martial_arts_renewal@...> wrote:

          > Hello, everyone!
          >
          > I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is
          > Celeste and I am in Washington state.
          >
          > I adopted my first ferret today :) He is a baby boy
          > and was born on 12/18/2011. Already spayed and neutered
          > as he is a Marshall ferret.
          >
          > I personally have never owned a ferret, but
          > my other half has, thankfully lol. I work in
          > a pet store as a grooming assistant, so I
          > have bathed some ferrets and have done lots
          > of nails, so he did get both today. He did
          > awesome for it.
          >
          > He is sooo sweet and both myself and my
          > boyfriend of 8 years have bonded with him
          > already. Working on a name for him :)
          > Color wise, he seems to be a light sable.
          >
          > According to all the paperwork, in about 5 weeks,
          > I will be ready to take him in for his rabies shot.
          >
          > Look forward to speaking with you all!
          >
          > Celeste

        • Celeste
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 21, 2012
            Cindy, thank you for the welcome!

            Celeste

            ________________________________
            Welcome to farenthood! And the group!:) ferretmomCindy

          • Traci Roth
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 21, 2012
              How can I sign up on the ferret health list? I just joined this group
              recently & although I've had ferrets for many years there is always new
              information & things to learn about.

              Traci
              On Feb 21, 2012 3:38 PM, "kristinepotter" <kristinepotter@...>
              wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Welcome, Celeste! Lots of great and recent information on this list. Also,
              > consider registering on the ferrethealth list as well. And don't hesitate
              > to ask questions and post updates. Hope you and your boyfriend enjoy
              > ferrenting as much as my boyfriend and I enjoy it. :-D
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Kristine -- currently owned by Athena and Heri; watched from above by
              > Bucky and Zoe

            • J.Michelle
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 22, 2012
                Welcome Celeste, man, and baby-boy!
                Ah, baby smells, litter training, wobbly little legs,
                and round bellies!
                He will also need 2 more sets of distemper vaccines; but not to be given at the same time as the rabies.
                Do you have a ferret savvy vet lined up yet? on the AFA webpage, to the left there is a link to a veterinary list that will help.
                You can also contact a shelter (same AFA link) in your area and ask who they use.

                Enjoy those baby months, they grow up so fast-LOL!

                --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, "Celeste" <martial_arts_renewal@> wrote:

                > Hello, everyone!
                >
                > I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is
                > Celeste and I am in Washington state.
                >
                > I adopted my first ferret today :) He is a baby boy
                > and was born on 12/18/2011. Already spayed and neutered
                > as he is a Marshall ferret.

                > I personally have never owned a ferret, but
                > my other half has, thankfully lol. I work in
                > a pet store as a grooming assistant, so I
                > have bathed some ferrets and have done lots
                > of nails, so he did get both today. He did
                > awesome for it.

                > He is sooo sweet and both myself and my
                > boyfriend of 8 years have bonded with him
                > already. Working on a name for him :)
                > Color wise, he seems to be a light sable.

                > According to all the paperwork, in about 5 weeks,
                > I will be ready to take him in for his rabies shot.

                > Look forward to speaking with you all!

                > Celeste
              • wack.mole
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 23, 2012
                  here you go Traci,

                  To search the archives

                  http://ferrethealth.org/archive/

                  There is a lot of information on the FHL. I find it best when you have a question to do a search first, then if you haven't found an answer or are still unclear about something post your question and say you have done a search.

                  The other long time group that one hears about is the Ferret Mailing List (FML)

                  Tracy

                  --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, Traci Roth <harleyhoney25@...> wrote:

                  > How can I sign up on the ferret health list? I just joined this group
                  > recently & although I've had ferrets for many years there is always new
                  > information & things to learn about.
                  >
                  > Traci

                • Celeste
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 24, 2012
                    Thank you for the welcome. Ah yes, litter training lol. We started last night and I put it in a corner where he continually poops, and now he doesn't go there lol. I am just putting the poops in the box and showing him.

                    I do have a ferret savvy vet ready to go :) I started checking on them prior to getting the little guy.

                    Thanks for all the help and advice!

                    Celeste