RE: [AFA Ferret] Little Tail Wagger

  • Upchurch, Lisa
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2000
      Well, I belive it's because she's happy/exciting, etc....like a dog
      wagging its tail.
      My Gigi does the same thing when we are playing!!

      Lisa

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2000
        Hi Lin,

        It is so funny that you have the tail wagging going on too with your fuzzy!
        I have four ferrets that I board at a friend's house and she has 10 of
        them. She has a number of toys dispersed throughout a room that she has
        closed off for the fuzzies. One of the toys is a long dryer tube that the
        ferrets love to walk inside and chase each other. During my first couple
        of visits, I noticed that when the ferrets (all of them) would go inside
        the dryer tube, I heard a little bump,bump,bump in the tube. When I
        looked, the ferrets would excitedly wag their tails! I was amazed because
        I never saw my ferrets do that.

        I believe it is a sign of excitement. My friend said (who has years and
        years of experience with ferrets) that when she first had ferrets, she had
        tubes that the ferrets would go through that were colored and
        non-transparent and she would always hear the bump,bump,bump and never
        could figure out what they were doing until she got the clear dryer tube
        and saw their tales go. She said that she only notices it when they are
        inside the tube. I imagine some ferrets would be excited enough to do it
        when they are under a blanket, etc. if they are playing, etc.

        Aren't ferrets great!?!

        Carrie

        This message has been Molly Mailed. -- http://www.MollyMail.com
      • dav_and_frances_vandenbroucke@compuserve
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2000
          We have various tubes for the ferrets to play in. Often they will
          get excited in the tubes, and you can hear their tails banging against
          the sides.

          --Dav