Re: ear mites?

  • tncshryl
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2011
      A ferret shelter director once told me to use mineral oil on ear mites.
      I didn't read the article but it looks like this site has information on how to treat ears with mineral oil:
      http://pets.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-ear-mites.htm

      Sheryl

      --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle" <thomasmy2@...> wrote:

      > any advice on treating ear mites? Not sure but Toffee might have ear mites. I am finding what looks like dried blood in one ear. I have an ear cleaner, and have been cleaning his ears everyday with this ferret ear cleaner. This ferret ear cleaner claims to prevent and treat for ear wax removal and ear mites. Do I need something else? Will cleaning the ears get rid of these pest? I am also doing Bella's ears as well so hopefully to prevent the ear mites in her ears.
      > thanks
      > Michelle

    • Susie and the Fursnakes!
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2011
        Click Me!
        Revolution for large cats can also be given. The dosage is .08 per pound of fursnake! (its cheaper that way and it also covers heartworms without having a pre-test)

         xoxo, Susie and the Fursnakes!!!
          @ WeezleWings Ferret Sanctuary!

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2011
          My vet recommended Revolution flea and tick medication for puppies and kittens. Seems it also takes care of ear mites. It is one that you put on between the shoulder blades. He had me do two doses two weeks apart to take care of the eggs that hatched after the first dose. Knocked them out overnight for my little boy.

          Jeanna