Re: [AFA Ferret] I lost my best friend today.

  • Ann
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 5 6:05 AM
      Click Me!
      Robert , I am so sorry for your loss . Fly high and free little one , daddy misses you .

      Ann

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 5 10:20 AM
        I too am a grown man and find myself with tears in my eyes after reading
        your one paragraph.

        I am very glad your cancer is in remission. May it remain that way forever.

        We are so sorry to read about the loss of Weezy, your best friend and
        survivor supporter. I hope he is playing happily and healthily now with our
        beloved little man "Blizzard" whom we buried on 8/7/08. May they both be
        waiting for us.

        So very glad you got that last moment kiss from him.

        We are so very sorry.

        Mark Sonder, CSEP

        Chief Entertainment Officer

        Mark Sonder Productions, Inc.

        +1-540-636-1640

        www.marksonderproductions.com

        author, <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471263060?tag2=marksonderpro-20>
        Event Entertainment and Production (Wiley c. 2004)

        <http://www.facebook.com/marksonder> facebook
        <http://twitter.com/marksonder> twitter
        <http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksonder> linkedin

[...]

        _____

        .

        Try free scan!
      • josephine jessing
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 5 11:12 AM
          i'm sorry for your loss

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 5 1:28 PM
            Hi, Robert.

            To tell you that I'm so sorry for your loss of Weezy is an understatement. Reading your post and feeling your loss, I cried right along with you.

            These precious creatures have a such way of digging themselves so deep within our souls and lifting us up and giving us hope that I have no doubt that Weezy did, indeed, save your life. But let's not forget, you also lifted Weezy up, gave him hope, and you saved his life as well, Robert.

            What an amazingly special bond the two of you must have shared. They leave such a sense of emptiness when they go – a hole in our hearts that we sometimes think can never be healed. When mine leave me, the only thing that sometimes keeps me going is the ones left behind with me. Keep Sara and Jasmine close to you, Robert, and let them help you to heal.

            Weezy may have physically left, but you need to know that he will NEVER leave you spiritually. The kiss he gave you as he was leaving was to let you know how much he loved you and how much he KNEW he was loved by you. And all the love that you gave him, Robert – Weezy was able to take that with him...what a very special gift you gave him. He will be with you ALWAYS -- keep him close to your heart and feel him with you.

            God bless your Weezy...and hugs to Sara, Jasmine, and to you, Robert.

            Penny
          • Mark Sonder, CSEP
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 5 8:39 PM

              From a friend of mine.

              Dear Robert,

              My condolences to you for your loosing Weezy.  You saved Weezy from the pet store.  In turn, Weezy saved you from your disease, now in remission.  Once a friend told me "every day is a gift" when I was hyper vigilant and making myself sick over a ferret (Candy) who was ill--she recovered to live another few years with specialized meds/care.  You gave each another the gift of care and love.  We read of unconditional love of parents for their children and how they would give their lives for them.  Weezy gave of himself to bestow on you laughter, light, and hope.  This love is eternal and spirit lives on through and Weezy.  Honor Weezy's life and your cherished memories of him with gratitude, caring for yourself for continued good health, and to perpetuate the love of Weezy through the love of other animals in need.

              Kim Murray

              Oakton, VA

              kimurray2010@...

              Mark Sonder, CSEP

              Chief Entertainment Officer

              Mark Sonder Productions, Inc.

              +1-540-636-1640

              www.marksonderproductions.com

              author, Event Entertainment and Production (Wiley c. 2004)

              facebook     twitter     linkedin

[...]

              Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
            • Susie and the Fursnakes!
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 6 9:53 AM
                Click Me!
                Oh no! We are soo sorry for your loss!

                 xoxo, Susie and the Fursnakes!!!
                  @ WeezleWings Ferret Sanctuary!

[...]

              • DJ
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 7 8:27 PM
                  Robert,
                  I know this is a little late, I'm sooooooo sorry for your loss.
                  I lost my dad in February so I haven't been on many of the groups.
                  There is a place for your "Best" friend, it's called the Rainbow Bridge. He will be renewed in soul and body and will be waiting for you when you time to go home comes.
                  Debi

                  --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rogue123@...> wrote:

                  > I lost my best friend today. I'm sitting here writing this with tears in my eyes, a grown man. 7 years ago, I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma, a Cancer of the Kidney. Not just one Kidney was diseased, both were. It was like hitting a wall, I was scared, the Doctors told me I was in for a long hard fight. My youngest son found this runt of a ferret, he was returned to the Pet Store and couldn't be sold again. They would have to put him down if nobody adopted him. I admit it was an adjustment, but once I held him all apprehension was gone. Weezy, he was a Ham, I have laughed through tears many times at his antics. Through losing a kidney, through Chemo, Radiation, Weezy was always there to make me smile. He made it bearable, I'm alive today because of this little bundle of energy.
                  > 3 years ago I adopted 2 female Ferrets, Sara, and Jasmine. I had went into remission and I'm a 4 year survivor. Weezy and the girls got along great, slept together, ate together, played together. A little more than a year ago I took them all in to the Vet for a check-up, Weezy was slowing down a little, and sleeping more. He also started to develop cataracts in both eyes. The Doctor noticed a lump below his rib cage, not big, but he wanted to get a ct scan. The scan came back, Weezy had Cancer in his liver, and he was starting to show signs of Adrenal Gland Disease. As you could guess, the news hit me hard, I felt totally helpless. I could do nothing to save the one friend who I credit with saving me. I was told that as long as he was eating, drinking, able to to go to the bathroom, and wasn't suffering, I should take him home and just keep showing him love. Last week he started to retain fluid, yesterday his mobility started downhill, he couldn't control his bladder. It was time, at 1:00 today I buried him. As I held him after the Doctor gave him the shot, he licked my face and went to sleep. God Bless Him, I hope there is a place where he can run and play and maybe one day we'll meet again. He deserves nothing Less.
                  > Robert Mills.......04/04/11....4:41 pm

                • spymagicianzero
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 13 10:48 AM
                    Although I may be new to the group I feel I should offer my condolences. Our pets become so much more than simple "pets" and it's never easy to let them go. I hope in time happy memories replace those of loss.

                    Sincerely,

                    Dan

                    --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rogue123@...> wrote:

                    > I lost my best friend today...