Any thoughts: follow up

  • fuzzies111
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2009
      Picked Meeka up from the vet Saturday morning.Was still having trouble but felt she could go home. Her vet was not there so I was not able to talk to him. Perscribed Baytril twice a day for 14 days,for an ear infection.(Still woundering how she got an ear infection,never any signs of ear mites and she had been healthy until this).Doctor on duty had no knowledge on ferrets said call Monday let us know how shes doing.Doctor called first thing said blood work looked good,she had been dehydrated.(Would have been nice to know,started pedialyte soon as I found out).Said he hadnt seen these symtoms in a ferret before but he had seen the same thing in cats and sometimes it takes a long time to bounce back. Shes still leaning her head and salivating, mostly when she wakes up or tries to eat. Ive been feeding her with a syringe.Seems to help her get more food down.She tries to eat on her own but see wants to tilt her head like shes in pain (I wish she could talk).I had a appointment for this coming monday for shots doc says we wont be giving her any shots but wants her to come in anyway.Shes been on meds for four days, I feel she should be feeling better then she does by now. Could it be something else???

      Fuzzies111+one
    • Maureen Henn
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
        I'm sorry to hear she's still sick. Maybe you could try a second opinion? I know I've had to do that before - we actually got 3 opinions when Rufus was diagnosed with Insulinoma.

        Maureen