RE: [AFA Ferret] Re: dirty face issues

  • Angela Hamberg
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2009
      I am guessing somewhere around 3. His teeth aren't perfect, but not too bad either.
      Just a slight translucent affect at the very tips. But I am not 100% sure since he was a stray.

      Angela

      If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket
      and then give them only two of them.
      -Phil Pastoret

      To: AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com
      From: greensky042@...
      Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:18:07 +0000
      Subject: [AFA Ferret] Re: dirty face issues

      How old is your boy? When my girl Fizzle got to the last couple months of her life, she lived to be 8 yrs old, her face would turn orange. I assummed it was from too much facial oils. I would wash her face with a warm wash rag and ferret shampoo, and the next day or two it would come back.

      Now I have a girl who has squamous cell carcinoma in her mouth, and there's nothing I can do about it short of removing part of her lower jaw. She has a dirty face also, but not orange. I can't wipe it down because it hurts that side of her face, but I do try on the other side and it just won't come clean. I'm curious to find out what your boys problem is.

      Melanie*

    • dav_and_frances_vandenbroucke
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
        I can't help with the face question, but, from the toys in the background of the pictures you posted, he looks like he's having a good time. At first I did a double take, because, we have exactly the same toys for Raven and Merlin.

        Dav Vandenbroucke
        davanden at cox dot net
      • Angela Hamberg
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
          So you also have too many toys?  LOL!
          Sometimes I can't even walk thru the ferret room.
          I took out my easter egg dig box the other day and replaced it with a paper dig box.
          They've sure been having fun with it.

          Maybe we should make a list of toys and post it in the file section of the forum for reference.
          I'm always looking for new stuff to give them.

          As for the dirty face, someone suggested trying a different laundry detergent to see if that is affecting his allergies.
          I'm gonna do that this week and we'll see what happens.

          To: AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com
          From: davanden@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 12:43:00 +0000