Re: [AFA Ferret] Digest Number 541

  • colleen laurenti
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2002

      Hi Jessica,

      My daughter, Jessica, requested that the fuzzies come in for her special day at school.  This was in early December, I can't tell you how many ferrets were on the kids wish lists for Christmas.

      I've brought them in every year since she was in Pre-school.  The joy I see on the children's faces -- priceless.

        Colleen

      Jessica Chaney <jessicac21@...> wrote:

      hi all

      i am an assistant at a local elementary school. my
      kids have been so good lately that i decided to take
      my babies into school today so that the kids could
      spend time with them. the ferrets were very well
      behaved and the kids had a blast. they liked the
      ferrets so much they want me to bring them every day!!
      it was such a good feeling to see the smiles on their
      faces!!

      just thought you would like to hear about it :)

      Jessica chris sam lila

      Do You Yahoo!?
    • MzJade2u@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2002
        In a message dated 2/28/02 8:17:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, jessicac21@... writes:

        kids have been so good lately that i decided to take
        my babies into school today so that the kids could
        spend time with them.

        If I remember correctly,,,it was second grade and I had a teacher named TJ and he brought his dalmation dog to school everyday for us to see, visit, pet and help care for.  He was a great hit and because of the dog...Im 34 years old now and still remember back to when I was 7  yrs old.  Pets seem to make the school experience a little less tiring.  BTW, the dogs name was Bojangles.  Take care all

        Jade and Rocky
      • Staci
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2002

           That is a great story!!

          -Staci, Kassia, Chloe & Griffin - The Ferts

          Do You Yahoo!?
        • Angel Meihls
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
            My high shool spanish teacher had all of her students pitch in $2 and got a
            ferret for the class. He had his cage and we named him el ferrito. We got to
            play with him during class and every weekend the one of the students was
            able to bring him home and take care of him. He was a big hit and my first
            experience with ferrets. The only problem was the teacher across the hall
            was afraid of him and every time he escaped the room we could here her
            scream. It was like he had a sensor to go scare her ever chance he got. Now
            that I have my own fuzzies I realize that keeping him in the class isn't a
            good idea because he was alone every night but I was glad that I got that
            experience with him.

            Angel

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
              I work with seniors and occasionally take Paco in for visits. The reactions range from won't let go of him to "bring him closer but not too close" to "I don't care what you call it, it is still a rat to me!!" Overall, though, the visits are enjoyed by both Paco (with all of the attention he gets) and the residents. Many of the residents have only seen hunting ferrets from the "old country" or on TV.

              Betty and Paco