Re: [AFA Ferret] Are DEWs deaf

  • Ron Whisler
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2007
      I have two DEW's and neither is deaf.  I understand blaze ferrets are most likely to be deaf.

      Shaib Bakayoko <shaibbakayoko@...> wrote:
      Dear AFA
                          I was meaning to ask you that are all Dark eyed white ferrets deaf because there was a book that I have read and it sayed Dews are deaf and wanted to ask you if all dews are deaf ,also are ferrets allowed to swim in a public swimming pool  and do you know any ferret breeder in Ga?

                       thank you sincerly Shaib Bakayoko

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

    • Jennifer Chiappone

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
          We have several DEWs and only one of them have hearing issues that isn't
          selective!!
          Jane
        • Joan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
            --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, Shaib Bakayoko
            <shaibbakayoko@...> wrote:

            > Dear AFA
            > I was meaning to ask you that are all Dark eyed white ferrets deaf because
            there was a book that I have read and it sayed Dews are deaf and wanted to ask you if all
            dews are deaf ,also are ferrets allowed to swim in a public swimming pool and do you
            know any ferret breeder in Ga?

            > thank you sincerly Shaib Bakayoko

            I've had 2 DEW. both boys and the sweetest of tempers. Neither was hearing impaired.
            > Here is a breeder in SC
            > www.geocities.com/slfferret/

            Often pets of all kinds are banned from public swimming areas as well as many beaches.
            What you can do is to check with the municipality or borough for their policy.
          • Tami
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
              My Slick AKA Bigs is a DEW and he is definately not deaf. Sounds of
              bags crinkling, pop cans being opened and my husbands voice will wake
              him out of a light sleep and he comes running.

              --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, "Joan"