Re: [AFA Ferret] Won't sleep at night

  • Nytetears
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31 2:10 PM
      Give her a nice long play time before you want her to sleep.

      On 5/31/06, withmommyshelp <withmommyshelp@...> wrote:

      > Is there a trick to get Jasmine to sleep at night. She just wants to
      > play and play.....
      >
      > -Rachel Marie
      > www.mysensaria.com/rachelmare

    • cathy
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31 5:01 PM
        A couple things that might help, if your not allready doing, if you
        are, I'm stumped. Make sure she has a hammock or something soft, to
        cuddle up in, her cage should be in an out of the way place, dark as
        possible, I actually cover the cage because I don't want to mess up
        their biological clock, its a hormonal thing that may be a cause of
        adrenal disease. Finally, get her good and tired before putting her to
        bed for the night. Inside lighting isen't bad for them, just when its
        dark it should be dark. One of the things that is thought to possibly
        cause adrenal disease, is exposure to light, when it should be dark, it
        leads to a change in hormorne production which could be a cause.

        --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, "withmommyshelp"
        <withmommyshelp@...> wrote:

        > Is there a trick to get Jasmine to sleep at night. She just wants to
        > play and play.....
        >
        > -Rachel Marie
        > www.mysensaria.com/rachelmare

      • Sherri Duncan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31 7:14 PM
          Try and keep her up playing before you try to go to bed.  Wake her up at least an hour before you go to bed.  Take her on a leash outside for a walk before bed.  Also, try to get her to eat before you go to bed.  Full bellies sleep longer.  Our baby would wake me up to get me to make her baby food.  Warm water and Evo....  She got to where she would bite my feet and my eyelids to wake me up...  I stopped giving in and she stopped doing it.  We would run her around the house and give her stuffed babies to hide before bed.time  Also, other fuzzy babies make good playmates in the middle of the night.... Does she have a snuggle buddy?

          Sherri
          Is there a trick to get Jasmine to sleep at night.  She just wants to
          play and play.....

          -Rachel Marie
          www.mysensaria.com/rachelmare

        • dav_and_frances_vandenbroucke
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
            --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, Nytetears
            <nytetears69@...> wrote:

            >>Give her a nice long play time before you want her to sleep.<<

            And hope that she wears out before you do!

            Dav Vandenbroucke
            davanden at cox dot net
          • David Swanson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              mine crash after they are out before bed 1hr to 2hr and most of the time I'm rounding them up from there favorite sleeping spots
              Dave