RE: [AFA Ferret] People are so cruel

  • Sherry Stenglein
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30 10:06 AM
      That's horrible. I didn't think e-bay allowed live animals on it, you may want to alert them.
      ~Sherry

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 30 10:11 AM
        According to Ebay rules, you cannot sell live animals. I would report the seller immediately. She obviously does not care about the welfare of this ferret to be putting it up on ebay. She's charging only $25 for it as well... good heavens!

        Sara Hamilton
        Leizel's Weasels
        www.leizelsweasels.com

        -- Kaitlyn H <merlin_indy@...> wrote:
        I was on e-bay looking for ferret tunnels and I nearly
        cried when I saw this ad.  It was for a real live
        ferret and no joke either it had pics and everything.
        It is just so sad what happens to these poor guys in
        the wrong hands.  This person obviously is somewhat
        concerned with the ferret's wellbeing (no shipping
        etc.) but honestly selling it on e-bay is not the
        brightest idea.

        Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Real-Ferret_W0QQitemZ7716039161QQcategoryZ46307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
        http://mail.yahoo.com

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
        Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/1MOolB/TM

        <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Mark Sonder
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 30 10:18 AM
          Oh my.  It is my hope that for $25 someone in Florida can go pick him up and give him a good and welcome home.

          Mark Sonder, CSEP

          20th Year of Mark Sonder Productions, Inc.
          Tel:  540-636-1640

          www.marksonderproductions.com

          Author, Event Entertainment and Production (Wiley, 2004)

          We Keep You Center Stage

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 30 10:29 AM
            Kaitlyn,
            I reported it to eBay. It is contrary to eBay's
            policy to auction live animals. They are removing the
            listing.

            Barb and the Underfoot Family

            --- Kaitlyn H <merlin_indy@...> wrote:

            > I was on e-bay looking for ferret tunnels and I
            > nearly
            > cried when I saw this ad. It was for a real live
            > ferret and no joke either it had pics and
            > everything.
            > It is just so sad what happens to these poor guys in
            > the wrong hands. This person obviously is somewhat
            > concerned with the ferret's wellbeing (no shipping
            > etc.) but honestly selling it on e-bay is not the
            > brightest idea.
            >

            > Here is the link.

            http://cgi.ebay.com/Real-Ferret_W0QQitemZ7716039161QQcategoryZ46307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

            > __________________________________
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • deb barton
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 30 2:27 PM
              They took this off ebay thank GOD!!

              Kaitlyn H <merlin_indy@...> wrote:
              I was on e-bay looking for ferret tunnels and I nearly
              cried when I saw this ad.  It was for a real live
              ferret and no joke either it had pics and everything.
              It is just so sad what happens to these poor guys in
              the wrong hands.  This person obviously is somewhat
              concerned with the ferret's wellbeing (no shipping
              etc.) but honestly selling it on e-bay is not the
              brightest idea.

              Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Real-Ferret_W0QQitemZ7716039161QQcategoryZ46307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com

              Dry erase boardMenu boardsMat board
              Bongo boardFerret cagesFerret cages
            • Sherry Stenglein
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 30 2:45 PM
                By the way, I contacted e-bay about this and reported it. I'm not sure what they do, but I didn't think it was right to have the ferret on there.

                ~Sherry

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 30 5:38 PM
                  It is illegal to sell ferrets or any other animal on ebay. Also it is illegal to "include free ferret" with a cage, etc. I have reported such idiots several times. Nancy in OR
                • Mark Sonder
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                    This actually may be too bad. If the person is not allowed to sell the
                    "live ferret" then G-d knows what this person will do to the innocent little
                    guy??

                    Mark Sonder, CSEP

                    20th Year of Mark Sonder Productions, Inc.
                    Tel: 540-636-1640

                    www.marksonderproductions.com

                    Author, Event Entertainment and Production (Wiley, 2004)

                    We Keep You Center Stage

                  • Lori
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                      Sara Hamilton wrote:
                      According to Ebay rules, you cannot sell live animals. I would report the seller immediately. She obviously does not care about the welfare of this ferret to be putting it up on ebay. She's charging only $25 for it as well... good heavens!

                      Why do ppl always assume things they know nothing about?  Just because she has listed an animal on ebay does not mean she does not care...ebay is large...has a major target audience, who better to advertise to in looking for someone worthy of this animal?...Just because it is not something some of us would  do, does not mean she is a bad person, or does not care for said animal.     Sure it's against ebay's rules...maybe she did not know..I do not use ebay ...so without reading rules I would not know...and  admittedly most ppl do not read rules.  Let's all try to be kind before jumping to  harsh comments of others and their choices, we are all human, destined to make mistakes, NOT ONE OF US IS PERFECT :-)

                      --

                      Sincerely,
                      Lori, CJ 'n "R. K.I.D.S"

                      lori@...

                      http://deceptivecalm174.tripod.com

                      *The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck!
                      *
                    • Julie Johnson
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                        I just clicked on the link and ebay said this item has been removed. So that is good. Maybe they will realize that was wrong and be more carefull about who they allow to have the ferret
                        julie

                      • LCFerretRescue@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                          In a message dated 10/1/2005 11:15:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ferret@... writes:
                          Oh my.  It is my hope that for $25 someone in Florida can go pick him up and give him a good and welcome home.

                          The listing has been pulled making it impossible for me to contact the seller.

                          Sharon Patten
                          Cape Coral, FL
                        • Sara Hamilton
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                            Well, back at you. You don't know whether she is a good person or not, but yet you assume that she is. At any rate, it is in MY OPINION that she does not care about her ferrets to be putting them up on ebay or any other auction site. I think that most people would agree with me and have posted so already. I didn't list any "harsh comments" in my original post. Putting any animal up for bid does not allow the seller to interview the potential buyer. And that's a fact. How would she know if the buyer knows anything about ferrets, the care they require or the devotion and love that it takes to have these wonderful animals?? She doesn't. Ebay is blind. You can't talk with the buyer or visit her place, like a shelter or breeder would do with someone who was interested in adopting/purchasing a ferret. That to ME classifies the seller as someone who DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HER FERRET.

                            Sara Hamilton
                            Leizel's Weasels
                            www.leizelsweasels.com
                            "Home of the 2003 AFA Ferret of the Year-JBF's Isabella of LW"

                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                              Hopefully someone privately emailed the ebayer giving them some options with shelter locations, etc. Nancy in OR

                              In a message dated 10/1/2005 5:38:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ferret@... writes:
                              This actually may be too bad.  If the person is not allowed to sell the
                              "live ferret" then G-d knows what this person will do to the innocent little
                              guy??

                              Mark Sonder, CSEP

                              20th Year of Mark Sonder Productions, Inc.
                              Tel:  540-636-1640

                              www.marksonderproductions.com

                              Author, Event Entertainment and Production (Wiley, 2004)

                              We Keep You Center Stage

                              [Extra quoting deleted by moderator.  --Dav]

                              Click Here!

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 2, 2005
                                Selling live animals is against eBay policy. If you
                                see a listing like this, send eBay an email with the
                                number of the listing and they WILL remove it. I went
                                to their chat help line, gave them the url and while I
                                waited, had it removed. They asked me to check to see
                                that it was gone before I 'got off the line' with
                                them. Very polite, very quick.

                                Barb and the Underfoot Family

                                --- Sherry Stenglein <sherrys@...> wrote:

                                > By the way, I contacted e-bay about this and
                                > reported it. I'm not sure what they do, but I
                                > didn't think it was right to have the ferret on
                                > there.
                                >
                                > ~Sherry

                              • lgv999
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 6, 2005
                                  I absolutely agree with what everyone here has said about selling a
                                  live ferret on ebay but what we have been doing on another ferret
                                  board is this. We have someone email the seller to find out where
                                  they are located. Then we have a shelter close to them contact the
                                  person to try and get the ferret surrendered. Obviously, whoever
                                  would sell a live ferret on ebay no longer wants that ferret and is
                                  probably taking very poor care of the poor thing. So we try not to
                                  get the listing pulled right away (so we can contact the seller) but
                                  try and deal nicely with the seller to see if we can get the ferret
                                  out of the poor situation its in. If there is no shelter near by we
                                  get a volunteer to go pick the ferret up if we can get the seller to
                                  surrender it. If this all fails we contact ebay to get the listing
                                  pulled.
                                  Lisa

                                  --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, deb barton
                                  <numbnutts2@y...> wrote:
                                  > They took this off ebay thank GOD!!
                                  >
                                  > Kaitlyn H <merlin_indy@y...> wrote:I was on e-bay looking for
                                  ferret tunnels and I nearly
                                  > cried when I saw this ad. It was for a real live
                                  > ferret and no joke either it had pics and everything.
                                  > It is just so sad what happens to these poor guys in
                                  > the wrong hands. This person obviously is somewhat
                                  > concerned with the ferret's wellbeing (no shipping
                                  > etc.) but honestly selling it on e-bay is not the
                                  > brightest idea.
                                  >

                                  > Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Real-
                                  Ferret_W0QQitemZ7716039161QQcategoryZ46307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

                                  > __________________________________
                                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  > Dry erase board Menu boards Mat board Bongo board Ferret cages
                                  Ferret cages

                                  Service.

                                  > ---------------------------------
                                • Lori
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 8, 2005
                                    lgv999 wrote:
                                     Obviously, whoever
                                    would sell a live ferret on ebay no longer wants that ferret and is
                                    probably taking very poor care of the poor thing.
                                    try and deal nicely with the seller to see if we can get the ferret
                                    out of the poor situation its in.

                                    What's that saying, assuming makes an ass out of u and me....why do half the ppl on here assume they know that which they do not?....what gives you the right to say the animal is "probably"  being taken care of poorly? that it is in a "poor situation"  It is my belief many of you on here need to step back, get your nose out of the air and stop assuming things that which you don't know.   You do not know this persons life, their history, the reason they have gone to ebay, so why assume.  Not everyone is trash, and could careless about their pets, just because they go to a major audience such as ebay does NOT mean they are lousy pet owners, stop and consider the fact there may be many verifyable reasons this person resorted to ebay.  It's no different in my eyes to give a pet away on the freecylce.org site.

                                    My parents neighbor moved and left a pregnant cat behind.  Who is taking care of that cat and her kittens now? my parents..ppl who do not want the responsibility, nor the cats.  Yet mom and kittens are fed twice a day and have a cozy place for shelter.  So don't assume things you shouldn't,  you only make yourselves look rather shallow and immature...rather judgemental if you ask me, which of you are perfect or have the perfect life, for those of  you that are perfect plz raise your hand.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 13, 2005
                                      I stand by what I said. This ferret more than likely is not being
                                      taken very good care of. NOTE: I did not say abused or starved. I
                                      also did not in any way imply this person was "trash". There are
                                      numerous other options for someone to give up a pet. If they truely
                                      loved the pet they would find a home for it, give it to a shelter,
                                      ask their vet for advice, or a number of other options rather than
                                      selling the pet on ebay. We are all here for the welfare of the
                                      fuzzies.
                                      Lisa

                                      --- In AmericanFerretAssociation@yahoogroups.com, Lori <lori@j...>