RE: [AFA Ferret] Ferret Bill Vetoed

  • Sherry Stenglein
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2004
      You know, I'm sad enough about the whole thing that I actually started to
      think about that last night. I've lived here with my little guys long
      enough that I'm used to just not bringing them outside and being careful who
      I talk to about them, but I swear, if it ever got to the point that I had to
      make a decision to leave CA or give up my ferrets, I'd be in Arizona faster
      than you could say "fish and game". L!
      Seriously though, I feel that our Ferrets Anonymous group has done so much
      this past year (we had a booth at our county fair and got over 2,000
      signatures to sign the bill, we've gone to pet fairs and passed out
      educational literature, we had the local news come to one of our picnics and
      put us on TV) that I'm personally very disappointed and depressed over this
      veto.
      ~Sherry

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2004
        What a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Yeah that stinks!!!  Is there anything we can do?
        Becca

        Sherry Stenglein <sherrys@...> wrote:

        Well, this isn�t good news.

        OAKLAND, CA - September 29, 2004, 5:20 p.m. PDT: Word just came in that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has vetoed SB-89 after contacting Senator Dede Alpert's office to give her the heads up. We will post additional details as they become available.

        ~Sherry

        ---

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • TinyPrints
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
          I heard also that Arnold's children own ferrets themselves?? Is this a fact??? Does anyone know out there??? Marguerite

          TinyPrints Shih Tzu and Rescue
          http://www.tinyprints-shihtzu.com
          TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
          "The Hilton Of Ferret Rescues"
          http://www.tinyprintsferrets.com
          TinyPrints Ferretry
          http://www.tinyprintsferretry.com
          TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
          http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
          http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=93064

          What a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah that stinks!!! Is there anything we can do?
          Becca

        • Trish Walther
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
            I have to believe that the dog and pony show about this EIR will go on for many years to come. I can't imgine living in fear of hiding my fuzzbutts. You Californians are very special people to continue to live underground for your babies. God bless you all for taking such a risk.

            Sherry Stenglein <sherrys@...> wrote:You know, I'm sad enough about the whole thing that I actually started to
            think about that last night. I've lived here with my little guys long
            enough that I'm used to just not bringing them outside and being careful who
            I talk to about them, but I swear, if it ever got to the point that I had to
            make a decision to leave CA or give up my ferrets, I'd be in Arizona faster
            than you could say "fish and game". L!
            Seriously though, I feel that our Ferrets Anonymous group has done so much
            this past year (we had a booth at our county fair and got over 2,000
            signatures to sign the bill, we've gone to pet fairs and passed out
            educational literature, we had the local news come to one of our picnics and
            put us on TV) that I'm personally very disappointed and depressed over this
            veto.
            ~Sherry

            Trish

            Oscar, Sneech, Sneaky (aka Shyanne), Shadie (aka Sable)

            Sadie July 29, 2004 Missed and hearts broken
          • Trish Walther

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
                Our club met yesterday and we're going to ask Senator Alpert (she originally
                introduced the bill but is about to retire) for advice on our next steps.
                We're also going to get in touch with the other Ferrets Anonymous chapters
                and any other ferret clubs in CA and try to plan something statewide. I'll
                keep everyone updated on anything we do and need support with. Thank you
                everyone for your calls, letters and e-mails to Arnold though!
                ~Sherry