Re: [AFA Ferret] RE; New ferret purchased at pet shop

  • JTDRAGHI@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2001
      Thank you everyone for your reply regarding my new OBESE ferret, Windsong. I
      took him to the vet today and he has a severe case of ear mites since they
      did not clean his ears at the shop......and as I already knew, he is VERY
      overweight. Since I have had him home and put him into a wire cage and
      encouraged him on the carpet he is now walking SOME. The vet checked him
      over and luckily he feels the damage is not permanent. He said if I regulate
      his diet and give him plenty of exercise he should get his mobility back. I
      am soo relieved! I have already seen quite a bit of improvement in the past
      few days!
      I reported the incident to Marshall Farms on Monday and I just got my reply
      today...they informed me they are sending a representative to that store
      immediately to check out my observations on the ferret conditions.
      My thanks also goes to Vanessa as I am going to contact the animal control
      officer too! I hadn't thought of that!
      Thanks again everyone...and in case I haven't said it before I am glad to be
      a part of this message board! I look forward to reading the posts everyday!
      Take care everyone!
      Peace,
      Tracy and my ferret friends,
      Marty, Olis, Aspen, Columbine, Snowmass, Precious, Cosmo, Calypso, Foxfire
      and Windsong (along with Windstar whose memory is forever in my heart)