Re: [AFA Ferret] anyone have any ideas!!!!/How I got my kids off soft food.

  • Fysha Owens
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004
      I added some creamy peanut butter to the soft food.
      I only would give then one tablespoon of soft every 2 hours.
      I would keep a small amount of the dry in their dish that had peanut oil mixed with it.
      After a couple of days they were hungery and the smell of the oil in their dry food they started to eat it.
      I stopped the soft food and over the week I put less and less oil on the dry until they were back on the dry again.
      I talk to my vet and he said that a little amount of peanut butter or oil would hurt a ferret in any way.
      Hope this may help you,
      Fysha

      fred <frednb@...> wrote:
      how do his poops look, are they normal , or soft and runny, are they normal in color, how knowledgeable is your vet about ferrets? let us know so we can help you if we can, is he healthy otherwise. maybe u just have a spoiled ferret, once they get on soft food it can be difficult to get them off.
      keep us informed on progress
      Fred & his gang of 12

    • ferretmomie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 7:57 AM
        The peanut oil or butter would hurt the ferret?
        julie