Re: A-P The Failure of Conservatism

  • rainbowsally
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      Good luck getting the democrats to recognize these facts, ProudLiberal.
      This looks more like the Green's agenda than the Dems. :-(

      http://politicalcompass.org

    • Jude G
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007

        Why do you think I continue saying time to get rid of all parties and start over with people only.

        Jude

        ProudLiberal7@ aol.com wrote:

        > The Failure of Conservatism
        >
        > Conservatism has failed the American people. More and more people are
        > beginning to understand why conservatism has been inherently unable to
        address the
        > fundamental needs of our country. Here's why:
        >
        > Conservatism fails because its hostility to government makes it incapable
        of
        > governing well. It cripples and scorns the very government it proposes to
        > lead.
        >
        > Conservatism fails because its market fundamentalism incites the corporate
        > excess that robs workers, consumers and communities.
        >
        > Conservatism fails because it abuses government power to force its morals
        > into people’s bedrooms, hospital rooms, and schools.
        >
        > Conservatism fails because it believes that security is secured by
        tramping
        > liberties and laws, not by protecting them; by breaking alliances, not by
        > leading them.
        >
        > In growing numbers, the American people are rejecting the conservative
        > ideology and the failed policies it spawns. Check out the latest polling
        figures
        > on the American public's rejection of conservatism:
        >
        > Current polling figures reflect the American public's large and growing
        > rejection of conservative ideology and the failed policies it spawns.
        >
        > 81% of Americans favor a federal minimum wage hike. 17 states voted to
        raise
        > their minimum wage in 2006.
        > Los Angeles
        Times/Bloomberg, 1/13 - 16/07.

        > 79% of adults say Medicare should negotiate with drug companies for lower
        > prices.
        > ABC News/Washington Post, 1/16 - 19/07.
        >
        > 82% of registered voters believe global warming exists.
        > Fox News/Opinion Dynamics, 1/30 - 31/07.
        >
        > 61% of adults say Congress should repeal tax breaks and subsidies to oil
        > companies.
        > Los Angeles
        Times/Bloomberg, 1/13 - 16/07.

        > 63% of adults oppose sending more troops to
        w:st="on">Iraq .

        href="http://journals.aol.com/proudliberal7/infrequent-rants/">http://journals. aol.com/proudlib eral7/infrequent -rants/

        contact yahoo abuse, or me at problems@billykess. com and one of us will look into it. NO SPAM, NO SLANDER, NO P0RN... common sense guidelines, please.

        http://www.eset.com