Re: A-P Jim Kouri, CPP: Is Iraq Emerging As Transit Point for Narcotics?

  • jimmie sorrento
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Beave and Mac
      We are all on the same plane when it comes to the war
      on drugs...the only ones it harms are the poor and the
      minority's...Building prisons has become a mecca
      business and idiot laws made to increase penalties for
      the same drugs is purely insane on the most part...
      What we need to do is reexamine this and really try to
      come up with a semblance of intelligence...
      You and I both know that be it democrat or republican
      in a election year all state their perchance for
      gungho asinine legislature to support these insane
      policies...When it comes to push to shove everyone
      loses except for the prison makers they are on easy
      street...
      Peace taxi

      __________________________________
      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
    • jimmie sorrento
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        MAc here in New York we have the same damn thing...If
        you are so far from a school and have drugs in your
        possession you can get double the time...
        This is ridiculus to say the least....
        They also have three strikes your out laws still into
        affect here...If say you got busted for a fight thirty
        years ago and you got into another one twenty years
        ago...and you had it out with one of your neighbors
        just recently they can litterally pack you away for
        the rest of your life as an undesirable...
        Mind you murderers and rapists would be out way before
        you ever would be allowed...
        The insanity of some of these laws and the sad fact of
        over two million of our citizens are incarcerated
        makes many people very leery of what is up next...
        Peace taxi
        --- macs_bac@... wrote:
        > jimmie the war on drugs has been a colosal
        > failure..imo.
        > the cost is beyond belief and no progress has been
        > made.
        > it's way past time to revisit this war and call it
        > off, like the repeal
        > of prohibition.
        > stupid laws just increase the # of lawbreakers and
        > make them more
        > creative in getting around law.
        > Texas has a law that creates "drug free zones"
        > drugs are illegal
        > statewide but "drug free zones" allows double jail
        > time for school
        > zones, including college-U, parks, parking lots etc.
        > 1 ounce of pot can put one in jail for 10 yrs. we
        > build more prisons to
        > hold more victims of the war on drugs.
        >
        > mac

        Discover Yahoo!