Alan Keyes vs. Barack Obama

  • gmd10ms
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 12:10 AM
      Alan Keyes vs. Barack Obama

      by Phyllis Schlafly Sept. 1, 2004

      Alan Keyes has upset the liberal game plan to crown law school
      lecturer Barack Obama as the new leader of blacks in America. Ted
      Kennedy and Hillary Clinton like Obama because he imitates their
      votes, but Americans like Keyes because he is straightforward about
      issues we care about.
      The Keyes-Obama race for the U.S. Senate from Illinois reminds
      locals of a similar contest in 1950. Then a conservative Republican
      traveled up and down the Land of Lincoln and toppled one of the most
      powerful liberals of that time, Senate Majority Leader Scott Lucas.

      The victor in that race, Everett McKinley Dirksen, played to the
      grassroots rather than to the media. His stunning upset showed that
      the voters were ready to break with New Deal liberalism and join the
      Republican landslide in 1952.

      Everett Dirksen, the greatest orator of his time, won because he
      articulated public opposition to the follies of the Truman
      Administration. Dirksen was equally persuasive whether he was
      negotiating with a small group over an arcane section of legislation
      or declaiming broad themes without a microphone to a thousand voters
      on the hillsides of southern Illinois.

      Illinois voters have the opportunity this year to hear Alan Keyes,
      perhaps the greatest orator of our time and a man with a fund of
      knowledge about issues that matches his eloquence. His biggest
      obstacle is not that he is not an Illinoisan, not that he is black,
      but that the media have already anointed Obama as the winner after
      viciously destroying his other opponents.

      Obama had demanded six debates with his Republican opponent when he
      was Jack Ryan, a businessman unaccustomed to political argument.
      Reminding us of history's famous Lincoln-Douglas debates, Obama
      confidently said the people of Illinois are owed these debates
      because they deserve more than packaged television ads and rehearsed
      sound bites. Now that Keyes has replaced Ryan as the Republican
      nominee, Obama wants only two or three debates. Did the history of
      the Lincoln-Douglas debates change between Ryan's resignation and
      Keyes's nomination?

      The media were touting Obama's Harvard degree, but Keyes's Harvard
      Ph.D. is more accomplished than Obama's law degree. Besides, we
      already have too many liberal lawyers such as Kerry and Edwards
      running the Democratic Party for the benefit of the trial lawyers.

      Alan Keyes is a walking encyclopedia on a wide variety of subjects
      including the Constitution, the proper role of government, and
      foreign policy. He was an ambassador to the United Nations during
      the Reagan Administration, and we can count on him to address the
      important issues that were conspicuously missing from Obama's speech
      to the Democratic National Convention.

      Obama is one of the most leftwing Senate candidates Illinois has
      ever seen, a me-too vote for Kennedy and Clinton to raise taxes and
      toady to the teachers unions. Obama supports abortion rights,
      socialized medicine, and affirmative action, and he opposes private
      gun ownership.

      Obama voted against the "live-birth abortion" bill which was
      designed to protect live babies born of botched abortions. Obama
      voted "present" on an Illinois bill to ban partial-birth abortion,
      and "present" on a bill to notify parents when their minor children
      seek an abortion.

      Obama wrote a letter to the Windy City Times, Chicago's premier gay
      news source, to promise his support for gay marriage. He said, "I
      opposed DOMA [the Defense of Marriage Act] in 1996. It should be
      repealed and I will vote for its repeal on the Senate floor. I will
      also oppose any proposal to amend the U.S. Constitution to ban gays
      and lesbians from marrying."

      Alan Keyes, on the other hand, is the country's most eloquent
      defender of the right to life. He is supremely ready to tackle the
      cultural issues that will be the key to victory in the 2004
      elections — abortion, traditional marriage, parental control over
      education, and supremacist judges inventing "rights" such as
      abortion, sodomy, same-sex marriage licenses, and sending
      pornography into your kids' computers.

      Bill Cosby recently made headlines by decrying the decline in
      education for African-Americans. Keyes is ready to take on the
      teachers unions and hold them accountable for failing to teach
      youngsters how to read.

      The Bush-haters rally behind Obama, not because his father was
      African, but because he can be counted on to protect the teachers
      unions, abortion, and gay unions. The Democrats had hoped to elect
      Obama by simply playing the race card, but t he nomination of Alan
      Keyes has checkmated that strategy.

      Obama's campaign contributors tell you what you need to know about
      his liberalism. His donors include George Soros, Hillary Clinton's
      Leadership PAC, People for the American Way, Planned Parenthood, the
      National Abortion Rights League, the National Education Association,
      the American Federation of Teachers, and Progressive Choices.

      Alan Keyes has exposed the lie that the Democrats are the party for
      advancing minorities. Those who want a leader, regardless of race,
      who will speak up for traditional values such as marriage, life, and
      education choice, will vote for Alan Keyes.

      eagle@...
      ###
    • Steve Fine
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 12:35 AM
        Wow, how out of touch with reality can you get?

        --- gmd10ms <gmd10ms@...> wrote:

        > Alan Keyes vs. Barack Obama
        >
        > by Phyllis Schlafly Sept. 1, 2004
        >

        > Alan Keyes has upset the liberal game plan to crown
        > law school
        > lecturer Barack Obama as the new leader of blacks in
        > America.

        So their is a leader of the blacks in america? Who is
        the leader of the whites? The asians?

        Ted
        > Kennedy and Hillary Clinton like Obama because he
        > imitates their
        > votes, but Americans like Keyes because he is
        > straightforward about
        > issues we care about.

        Americans like Keyes? Thats not what the polls say.

        > The Keyes-Obama race for the U.S. Senate from
        > Illinois reminds
        > locals of a similar contest in 1950. Then a
        > conservative Republican
        > traveled up and down the Land of Lincoln and toppled
        > one of the most
        > powerful liberals of that time, Senate Majority
        > Leader Scott Lucas.

        Yeah, and soon W is gonna dump Laura and run off with
        elton John. And Monkeys are going to fly out my but.

        > The victor in that race, Everett McKinley Dirksen,
        > played to the
        > grassroots rather than to the media. His stunning
        > upset showed that
        > the voters were ready to break with New Deal
        > liberalism and join the
        > Republican landslide in 1952.
        >
        > Everett Dirksen, the greatest orator of his time,
        > won because he
        > articulated public opposition to the follies of the
        > Truman
        > Administration. Dirksen was equally persuasive
        > whether he was
        > negotiating with a small group over an arcane
        > section of legislation
        > or declaiming broad themes without a microphone to a
        > thousand voters
        > on the hillsides of southern Illinois.

        Alan Keyes is no Everett Dirksen, he's not even Rush
        limbaugh.

> [...]
        > Obama by simply playing the race card, but t he
        > nomination of Alan
        > Keyes has checkmated that strategy.
        >
        > Obama's campaign contributors tell you what you need
        > to know about
        > his liberalism. His donors include George Soros,
        > Hillary Clinton's
        > Leadership PAC, People for the American Way, Planned
        > Parenthood, the
        > National Abortion Rights League, the National
        > Education Association,
        > the American Federation of Teachers, and Progressive
        > Choices.
        >
        > Alan Keyes has exposed the lie that the Democrats
        > are the party for
        > advancing minorities. Those who want a leader,
        > regardless of race,
        > who will speak up for traditional values such as
        > marriage, life, and
        > education choice, will vote for Alan Keyes.

        =====
        -Steve Fine

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Steve Fine
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1 12:57 AM
          Keye's candidacy evidences a no. of points:

          1) No one in their right mind wanted to run against
          Obama. Of course Mr. Keyes is not in his right mind,
          just ask the guy who runs the country, you know the
          guy who swore on the Senate floor. (Won't it be cool
          to have a Sen. named Obama? Too bad he wasn't from
          Alabama,then they could change the name of the state
          to AlObama. But the day we see a Black senator from
          Alabama is not likely in my life time).

          2) Republican hypocracy: remember how he went after
          Hillary for moving to new york and running for
          Senator, remember how Keyes himself critisized her for
          it?

          3) There is at least one person who is actually less
          qualified than Tom Delay for public service.

          4) Republican contempt for African-America. They
          think that if they get a black guy to say the same old
          BS, somehow blacks will buy it.

          Read the folowing. Can anuone argue that Ms. Shafley
          is intouch with reality? She is in touch with her
          inner-shill.

          =====