Re: boortz.com: Nealz NuzeToday's Nuze

  • gmd10ms
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      Strange isn't it? That anyone would immediately question if Iraq was
      behind 9/11? That was one of my first thoughts as it was happening.
      We knew Saddam Hussein was financing killers to suicide-bomb innocent
      Israeli citizens. Strange that any U.S. president would care enough
      to ask that question himself? Strange isn't it that a U.S.
      President would do something about terrorists killing Americans?
      After 8 years of Clintoon's twiddling thumbs and sighing? We now
      have a president who realizes Islamic terrorists have been warring
      again us. Very strange indeed.=~!! Oh well ~~ if SkeeryKerry wins
      this next election, our dimwits just might get their beloved Saddam
      Hussein and bin Laden back in power.
      <cr>
      # # #

      --- In American-politics@yahoogroups.com, lefty480@w... wrote:

      > The world-famous Internet site of the Nationally Syndicated Neal
      Boortz
      > Show! Wed Mar 31 2004
      > Today's Nuze
      > Wednesday, March 31, 2004
      > BOORTZ ON CNBC TONIGHT AT 8:45 EASTERN
      > IRAQ WAS DISCUSSED ... AMAZING!
      > Now here's a big shocker from yesterday.  It seems that on the day
      > after the September 11th Islamic terrorist attacks President Bush
      > actually did ask Richard Clarke to check into any connection that
      Iraq
      > might have had to the attacks.  This is supposed to be all of the
      > proof you need that Bush planned all along to invade Iraq and depose
      > Saddam Hussein.  Bush haters, I'm sure, will accept it as such.
      > Try to consider the mind frame of the president on the day after the
      > attacks.  What did he know for sure?  Well, for starters George Bush
      > knew that:
      > Iraq had invaded Iran.
      > Iraq had invaded Kuwait.
      > Iraq had killed tens of thousands of Iranians with chemical weapons.
      > Iraq had killed well over ten thousand Iraqi Kurds with chemical
      > weapons.
      > Saddam Hussein was paying reward money to families of Palestinian
      > suicide bombers who had killed Israelis.
      > Saddam Hussein had murdered thousands of his own people.
      > Saddam Hussein attempted to assassinate a former President of the
      United
      > States.
      > Saddam Hussein had made no secret of his hatred for the United
      States
      > and his desire to deliver a decisive blow against the United States
      in
      > some manner.
      > In short .. Saddam was a nasty man, and Iraq was an evil place.
      > So .. no matter how much you may hate George Bush, and no matter how
      > much you would like to see him defeated in September, can you
      imagine
      > any scenario under which the President would not ask a trusted
      advisor
      > to advise him as to whether or not Iraq might have been involved in
      the
      > September 11th attacks?
      > In other words ... there's no story here.
      > SO .. THE U.S. IS GOING TO "WEAPONIZE" SPACE
      > We've also learned in the past day or so that a Pentagon agency has
      set
      > aside about  $68 million to spend on something called the Near Field
      > Infrared Experiment.  This is an experiment in how to identify
      rockets
      > launched from the earth and, if need be, destroy them from space.
      > Now it's that "destroy them from space" thing that is upsetting
      some on
      > the left.  The evil United States is going to (gasp!) "weaponize"
      > space.  We're actually going to place honest-to-goodness WEAPONS out
      > there!
      > OK, my illogical, fact-challenged friends.  Look at it this way.
      China
      > is in space now.  China isn't exactly what you would call a cuddly
      > friend.  Russia is in space also.  So, that leaves three strong
      > military powers with a presence in space.  You can bet your bottom
      > dollar that one of these countries is going to be the first to place
      > weapons in orbit around the earth.  Tell me ... which country do you
      > want that to be?  Would you prefer China to be the first with a
      > weapons system in space?  How about Russia?  Me?  I'm voting for
      > us ... the good ole US of A.  Like it or not, we're the good
      guys ...
      > and I want us to have the edge -- not somebody who might use that
      edge
      > against us.
      >
      > RELYING ON THE STUPIDITY OF THE GREAT AMERICAN VOTER
      > One of the saddest aspects of this and so many other election years
      is
      > the degree to which politicians -- and I'm talking about both
      > Republicans and Democrats -- rely on the stupidity and ignorance of
      the
      > American public.  The more you watch these clowns the more convinced
      > you are that they truly fear an informed electorate.
      > This is particularly true among Democrats.  Disagree all you want,
      but
      > Democratic politics is crafted to appeal to less educated
      Americans.
      > The lower your level of educational achievement, the less you earn
      when
      > you enter the workforce.  The less you earn the more likely it is
      that
      > you will vote for a Democrat.
      > One thing that Democrats definitely rely on is the ignorance of
      average
      > Americans as to basic economics --- an ignorance that borders on
      > obscene.  This ignorance is the result of our reliance on government
      > for educating our children.  The natural imperative for any
      > organization is to grow stronger.  Institutions will not
      intentionally
      > weaken themselves .. nor will the people who live or feed off those
      > institutions. Government is no different.  It wants to grow, and it
      > will construct and direct every entity over which it has control to
      > promote that growth.  This goes for government schools.  Students
      > who learn of the dynamic nature of capitalism and free enterprise
      will
      > seek more economic freedom and less government economic
      involvement.
      > Students who learn that allowing people to keep more of what they
      earn
      > will actually spur economic growth will fight higher taxes.
      Students
      > who learn that 80% of new jobs in our economy are generated by small
      > businesses, not large corporations, will seek government policies
      that
      > are favorable to small businesses, not policies that punish them.
      > Politicians understand the consequences of an economically literate
      > voter base.  That's why they rally to the defense of government
      > education.  It protects them.
      > Now ... let's discuss a specific politician ... The man of the
      people,
      > John Kerry.  If you want a good example of a politician exploiting
      the
      > ignorance of the American people, you got just that at a gas
      station in
      > San Diego yesterday.  The media says that sKerry made
      an "unscheduled
      > stop" at this gas station.  I have a question for the media: If this
      > stop was unscheduled, why were there a hundred supporters waiting
      for
      > Kerry at that particular gas station?  Oh well .... let's continue.
      > There was John Kerry -- at that gas station -- blaming the current
      > gasoline prices on none other than George Bush and Dick Cheney.
      Kerry
      > knows that people are upset with these prices .. and he also knows
      that
      > these government-educated voters have no clear idea why these
      prices are
      > high right now.
      > What would the well-educated voter know?  Well ... here's a partial
      > list of the reasons for high gas prices.
      > There is a higher demand for gas in the U.S.  American consumers are
      > using more gas this year than they have in many previous years, even
      > with the high prices.
      > Environmental regulations lower the supply base of gasoline
      available to
      > consumers.  Oil refineries have to switch production at this time of
      > year to boutique gas blends for specific geographical regions.  This
      > means that if there is a shortage driving prices up in one region
      > supplies can't be shipped in from another region to meet demand ...
      > wrong blend.
      > We have about one-half the number of oil refineries in the United
      States
      > that we had 30 years ago.  The last time a new refinery opened for
      > business was in 1976.
      > There is an unexpected high demand for petroleum in China.  Some
      think
      > that China may be buying huge supplies to build a strategic reserve.
      > Saudi Arabia has cut production.  There is speculation that Saudi
      > Arabia is recognizing that its reserves of crude oil are running
      out.
      > Saudi production may never again reach previous highs.
      > The gas prices we face right now are not record high prices.  In the
      > early 1980s a gallon of gasoline cost about $2.90.  That's adjusted
      > for inflation, of course, but so is your income.  Tough for
      government
      > school graduates to understand, I know.
      > Now .. if you are a consumer aware of the foregoing facts, how
      likely is
      > it that you're going to nod your head in agreement when John Heinz
      Kerry
      > starts blaming Bush for the current high prices?
      > An educated voter is not John Kerry's friend.
      > Another area where Democrats rely on voter ignorance is in the area
      of
      > jobs.   John Kerry loves to talk about all of these jobs being
      > shifted overseas and how he is going to punish all of
      those "Benedict
      > Arnold CEOs" who are overseeing the decimation of the American
      > workplace.  Could Kerry get away with this if the voters knew:
      > From 1993 to 2002 the U.S. economy created a total of 17.8 million
      > jobs.  During that time 310 million jobs were eliminated, and 328
      > million jobs were created.
      > The new jobs being created are not "hamburger flipper" jobs.  The
      > Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that between 2002 and 2012
      > management positions in business, finance and other professions will
      > grow from 43.2 million to 52 million.  That's a 20 percent
      > increase.  These professional positions will go from 30 percent of
      our
      > total employment to 31.5 percent.  That's not flipping hamburgers.
      > "Offshoring" jobs has actually contributed to job and economic
      > growth.  Take computers, for instance.  A recent study by the Cato
      > Institute shows that the offshoring of computer-related
      manufacturing
      > jobs has accounted for a reduction in computer prices in the U.S.
      by as
      > much as 30%.  This means that more small businesses can afford these
      > computers, and larger businesses can afford more of them.  This
      leads
      > to more jobs and increased productivity.  Estimates are that this
      > rapid spread of computer use has added $230 billion to our GDP.
      > Now ... if more Americans were truly clued-in as to what is
      happening in
      > our jobs picture, do you think sKerry could get away with his
      > rhetoric?  Not a chance.  Again ... the uneducated voter is Kerry's
      > pal.
      > Are you beginning to see why it is so important to so many
      politicians
      > that our system of government non-education be preserved?
      > WHAT'S ANOTHER SIX BILLION?  WHO'S COUNTING ANYWAY?
      > The Republican-controlled U.S. Senate has voted to add $6 billion in
      > spending for child welfare for welfare brood mares.  The vote was
      > 78-20.  Not even close.  Thirty one Republicans voted for it.
      > Irresponsible people have children they can't afford .. the
      government
      > steps forward to take care of them ... and the small percentage of
      > responsible people who actually pay taxes foot the bill.
      > This is harsh, I know, but if a woman can't care for a child she
      brought
      > into this world then the state child welfare agencies should simply
      > declare that child to be abused and remove it from that household.
      > Foster care, orphanages, adoption ... whatever it takes .. but stop
      > writing checks to these life-support systems for ovaries.
      > FORMER SECRETARY OF STATE WORRIED ABOUT MAKING TERRORISTS MAD
      > This will tell you everything you need to know about the way the
      Clinton
      > administration handled terrorism as compared to  how President Bush
      is
      > doing it.  Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright, in a speech
      > the Yale Divinity School yesterday, said she is concerned that
      President
      > Bush is fueling the hatred of terrorist organizations.  There you
      have
      > the basic difference: instead of saying that the Islamic terrorists
      need
      > to be destroyed, she is worried about hurting their feelings.  After
      > all, Osama may just need a little counseling, you know.
      > Madeline Albright ... preaching appeasement.
      > According to Albright: "From the beginning, the president had made
      it
      > clear that we are at war with terrorists and not with Islam."  But
      are
      > we? Isn't it more than just a coincidence that all of these
      terrorists
      > are members of the "peaceful" religion of Islam?  Everybody loves to
      > tiptoe around this notion that Islamic terrorists have nothing to do
      > with Islam.  Somehow we are supposed to separate the two. Muslims
      have
      > an image problem here.
      > She also said the she believed as the Bush administration did, that
      > Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.  We'll see how
      widely
      > that gets reported.
      > Don't hold your breath.
      > THE OUTSOURCING BOOGEYMAN IS BACK
      > Here we go again...get ready for the onslaught of pro-Kerry sob
      stories
      > about outsourcing.  Secretary of the Treasury John Snow argued in an
      > interview published yesterday that outsourcing ultimately helps the
      US
      > economy.  Snow said that outsourcing "is a part of trade...and there
      > can't be any doubt about the fact that it makes the economy
      stronger."
      > Of course, he's absolutely right.  Now since a lot of you seem to
      > think otherwise, how about a brief economics lesson.
      > Imagine if you went into a store...any store will do...and you
      wanted to
      > buy a widget. Hanging on the store shelf were two identical widgets
      of
      > the same quality and workmanship.  As a matter of fact, you can't
      tell
      > the difference except that on one label it says made in the USA and
      on
      > the other it says made in China.  Why...you'll buy the American made
      > one, right?  Sure...but wait...the one made in China costs half the
      > price...which one are you going to buy?
      > Another example...you sign up for a credit card.  The credit card
      > company offers you a choice:  if you have a problem, you get to
      call a
      > customer service center based in the United States, or one based in
      > India.  If you chose the outsourced one, your interest rate is
      lowered
      > 3 points. Which one would you chose? That's right...most people
      would
      > chose to save the money.
      > So enough whining about outsourcing.  Your quest for lower prices is
      > what's driving this situation.
      > IMAGINE IF THIS WERE A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT...
      > Documents obtained using the Freedom of Information act show that
      > President Bill Clinton ignored the genocide that was going on in
      Rwanda,
      > and knew about it before and as it was happening. According to
      > declassified documents, the Clinton administration buried the
      > information to justify its inaction. Officials were already
      privately
      > using the word genocide within days of the start of the killings,
      but
      > said nothing publicly because Clinton chose not to intervene.  It
      took
      > the death squads three months to murder 800,000 people.
      > Now, the US had no interests in Rwanda, so the policy of not
      intervening
      > may have been right, but where is the Congressional Black Caucus on
      this
      > one?  What if this were President Bush instead? We would never hear
      > the end of it.  Can you imagine?  It would be the top story in the
      > news media for days on end, with the president being accused of
      genocide
      > and racism for his inaction.  Liberals would be calling for not only
      > impeachment, but probably war crimes trials.  Just envision the
      > speeches on floor of the House and Senate. The left would be
      picketing
      > the White House with pitchforks.
      > Remember this the next time someone tells you there's no bias in the
      > media.
      > READING ASSIGNMENTS
      > Tony Blankley says that the Kerry campaign has all the makings of a
      > classic flop.  What fun!
      > Walter E. Williams looks at a phenomenon that is driving up gas
      prices:
      > minimum price laws.  Independent gas station owners are whining
      about
      > unfair competition from the big boys.
      > Earlier this week I told you about a group of protestors that
      accosted
      > Karl Rove at his private residence ... pounding on windows and
      such.
      > Here's the Wall Street Journal's take on this event.
      > Rebecca Hagelin talks about the hole Congress is digging with
      greater
      > and greater federal spending, and gives some ideas for getting out
      of
      > it.
      > Bill Murchison says hindsight is 20/20 in Washington DC, and reminds
      > people worried about Richard Clarke and the 9/11 Commission that we
      are
      > actually still at war.
      > Would you really like to do something to hurt our economy?  Try
      > restrictions on outsourcing.
      > John Kerry claims President Bush should be doing more with OPEC to
      lower
      > gas prices, but the Cato Institute's Jerry Taylor writes that OPEC
      is no
      > friend of ours, and that consumers would actually be better off if
      OPEC