SPECIAL Progress Report: Pentagon's Paper s Found at Starbucks

  • ProudLiberal7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004

      THE PROGRESS REPORT

      by David Sirota, Christy Harvey and Judd Legum
      SIGN UP >> SEND TIP >> PERMALINKS >> MOBILE >>
      March 31, 2004

      Your regular Progress Report will return tomorrow. Today we have two special items.

      RADIO
      Progressive Fight Back

      Today marks the launch of Air American Radio -- a new talk radio station that will promote progressive voices on matters of public concern. It will debut on stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Portland and on Satellite radio. A live stream will also be on the Air America Web site. Their lineup includes Al Franken, Chuck D and Janeane Garofalo. You can expect American Progress staff to be regular guests on the network -- including Progress Reporter David Sirota on the premiere of the 'O'Franken Factor' Today at noon.

      FOUND AT STARBUCKS
      The Pentagon's Papers

      As most of America slept early last Sunday morning, the Bush Administration hustled and bustled to prepare for the Sunday morning talk shows -- among others Colin Powell was appearing on Face the Nation and Donald Rumsfeld was booked on Fox News Sunday. Condi Rice was not scheduled to appear until prime time, when she would make a star appearance on CBS' 60 Minutes -- the last in a long line of media appearances that caused 9/11 Commissioner Richard Ben Veniste to quip that "Condi Rice has appeared everywhere but at my local Starbucks."

      Well, others in the Bush administration did, apparently, make an appearance at the local Starbucks. And as the Washington Post reports today, one of them -- obviously readying himself to prep Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld -- left his notes on the table. Talking points, hand-written notes on spin tactics, and a hand-drawn map to the Secretary's house were found by a resident of DuPont Circle, who made them available to the Center for American Progress. The name of said resident is being withheld at his request, as he fears that he may be accused on national television of being "disgruntled." We've published the documents -- which we've dubbed The Pentagon's Papers -- on our Web site.

      * Download The Pentagon's Papers