Imagine this story in the papers

  • Zephyr Teachout, Dean for America
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004

      Dear Supporter,

      Imagine this story in your local paper next week:

      One neighborhood at a time, ordinary Americans stand up for Dean

      Block by block, Dean supporters took to the streets yesterday. Ordinary Americans claimed thousands of street corners from Flagstaff to Austin, Green Bay to Miami, sprawling across America one neighborhood at a time, holding signs reading "I am Howard Dean's Special Interest." More than 300,000 Americans have donated $88 on average.

      Kerry and Edwards and Bush have solicited millions of dollars from large corporate special interests - only Dean has the passion of over half a million people committed to changing America. We have a candidate who doesn't just talk about change, but has a record of delivering real results.

      Next week, on February 7th, the date of the Michigan and Washington caucuses, stand with thousands of other Americans in thousands of neighborhoods to show that the Dean grassroots are here to stay.

      It is very simple - just make your own "I AM HOWARD DEAN'S SPECIAL INTEREST" sign (or we'll send you one if you sign up below). Walk to the corner of your block at 4 PM ET (1 PM PT, 2 PM MT, 3 PM CT, etc). Pick a corner that has some traffic, but is still close to home. Be creative - if a few people find a thousand different ways to be visible for Dean on thousands of street corners, sprawling across America's small towns and big cities, we can make this happen.

      It is our job in a democracy to imagine the world we want to live in, and then act to realize that vision.

      This election is about power - who owns our government and who runs it?

      If hundreds of thousands of Americans all stand on street corners together, standing with you, standing Dean at the same time, sharing Dean's message of democracy, results, and courage, we can wake this country up, show our power, and help Dean break through --

      Thank you.

      Sincerely,

      Zephyr Teachout, Dean for America

      PS: Don't miss Governor Dean on television: A full-hour interview on NBC's Meet the Press Sunday morning. To find the time and channel, go to: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3080248/

      Diane Sawyer's "mea culpa" in which ABC News and other networks admitted to overplaying and misrepresenting Governor Dean's Iowa speech. Read or watch the story at: http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/012904_NW_r2_group_deanscream.html

      PPS: Meetup is Wednesday. Make sure you go and bring 10 friends: http://www.deanforamerica.com/meetup

      You are subscribed to Dean for America as american-politics@yahoogroups.com.
      You may unsubscribe by clicking here:

      Dean for America
      Share the power. Invite everybody.
      Discuss | Register to Vote | Blog | Contribute

      Paid for by Dean for America.
      Contributions to Dean for America are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.