RE: Name & Callsign badges

  • yogithedog.geo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2012
      Our club was faced with about the same situation. What we did was buy business calling card stock, find a good program to make up the badges and then, a laminating device. I believe, when we got this stuff, about 8 years ago, cost $35.00 for the laminating machine ( a small one), $5.00 for the stock and use whatever program you have handy. We used Word and Publisher, though, the card stock came with a template we could use with either wordpad or word.

      just a suggestion.

      Rich K8JX
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2012
        You can buy laminating film for very little money at StaplesDepotMax and
        just cut them down to the size of the name tags... saving the cost of
        the laminating machine. I did that in my law office... saving loads
        of money ... for radios !

        I use these sheets to laminate photos, my ham license, and other stuff
        to keep in my wallet.

        Just a thought. Lets you buy more beer for the party... although the
        $35 for your laminating machine does not sound too bad, especially after
        using it for many years. But then... it could go for for something
        else... each club will have different priorities.

        Happy trails.

        On 5/8/2012 9:45 PM, yogithedog.geo wrote:

        find a good program to make up the badges and then, a laminating device.

      • Ed Greany
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2012
          Thanks Richards for the suggestion.
          I already use laminating process. I own a laminating machine but want a more professional ID card so we want to do it on PVC cardstock like a credit card or similar to a military or government ID card.

          I found a process that can print on a sheet using ink jet or toner and it has a self-stick surface that is applied to a blank credit card stock. This is probably the most economical but before I venture out to try it I thought I would test the waters and see if someone has already done ID card processing somewhere.

          Ed