Re: [AmateurRadioLeadership] Live Streaming Meetings

  • Andrew Rohne
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2012
      Thanks Dan.

      I forgot about this meeting being devoted to field day planning, so I may not do it this month.  That gives me more time to test.  It sounds like I need to pay attention to the sound - making sure the speaker is audible on the video.  Glad I have another month to figure that out!

      73!
      Andrew
      AC8JO

      On 5/8/2012 3:20 PM, Dan Romanchik KB6NU wrote:

      A guy I know here in Ann Arbor streams a lot of local meetings. Here's what he had to say:

          "I use Ustream with their laptop app Ustream Producer (free version)."

      73!

      Dan KB6NU
      CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
      Station Manager, WA2HOM at the Hands-On Museum (www.wa2hom.org)
      Read my ham radio blog at http://www.kb6nu.com

      On May 8, 2012, at May 8,10:55 AM, AndrewR wrote:

      Does anyone have any experience live-streaming their meetings? We have some folks that won't come to meetings because their drive would be _very_ long home (upwards of an hour or more) but may be able to view it online.

      I'm a computer geek, but I have no experience doing live-streams and I'm only familiar by name with ustream.com and justin.tv. I'd like to know if anyone can give me any recommendations (etc). to do this as good as possible.

      Oh, and the meeting is in two days. Nothing like cramming it in at the last second!

      Thanks!
      Andrew AC8JO

    • Ed Greany
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2012
        My team uses live stream for each monthly meeting to accomodate those who are unable to attend due to location or other reason. If makes for a nice way to prepare Minutes later on by the Secretary instead of being distracted at the meeting doing Minutes and not being able to actively participate like the others do.

        Unfortunately, where we meet does not have wi-fi and we end up using a cell phone for connection. We are trying to install wi-fi for the Sr Cit Center but the City prefers to do it themselves and don't like "outsider" help.

        Ed

        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2012
          I sometimes check into an AM mode net that has used a couple of
          streaming video sites to stream video of them doing the net LIVE. It
          gets really nutty talking on the radio, and viewing and listening on the
          computer screen at the same time.

          On 5/8/2012 3:20 PM, Dan Romanchik KB6NU wrote:

          > A guy I know here in Ann Arbor streams a lot of local meetings.

          ./