Re: [AmateurRadioLeadership] Name Tags

    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2012
      But seriously folks -- NAME BADGES ARE ESSENTIAL.

      ABSOLUTELY the right idea. My AMBUCS Chapter Secretary makes up
      standardized name badges for everybody and we keep them in a big tub,
      along with the other meeting gear, including the President's Gavel, a
      notepad, some pens, new member kits, etc. All of that is kept is a big
      storage tub/footlocker that is stored at the meeting place. Officer
      titles are indicated on their badges, respectively.

      Yeah... badges... a very good thing.

      Just MY take...

      ======================= K8JHR ====================

      On 5/8/2012 11:46 AM, Dan Romanchik KB6NU wrote:

      > As I recall, it used to be the norm that everyone had a callsign badge.
      . . .

      so far as to provide a callsign badge to new members.

    • Ed Greany
      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2012
        I'm in the process of locating a method of producing a membership ID card. We want professional-looking PVC with photo, signature, etc. printed on it. ID printers are quite expensive running around $2000+.
        Does anyone have a company that does this for your club or do you do your own and if so what do you use to do it?
        Thanks.
        Ed, KB6DOL

        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2012
          I did that for a charity club. Took head shots of members at a couple
          of meetings, and then printed the name badges, including the photos, on
          inexpensive photo paper... then laminated the results after the ink
          dried. Did something similar for a friend's 40 year class reunion -
          but printed the cards as a composite image at a Walgreens photo kiosk,
          and cut them down, laminated them in pin-backed name badge covers, and
          it was cheap and easy. For another friend's reunion, we scanned in
          their high school year book photos, so their name badges had photos of
          them back in high school--just like the other kids remembered them. It
          was a huge hit. They favored me with a nice bottle of my favorite
          bourbon... ;-)

          Quick, easy, and cost me only a few sheets of 8x10 photo paper and
          some ink jet ink.