Re: [AmateurRadioLeadership] Introductions, Please

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27 3:58 AM
      Gee ... thanks for the downer, Frank. I was feeling pretty good about
      becoming a ham in the past few years... passing my Extra Exam...
      learning how to build kits... winning a prize for designing antennas...
      becoming part of the "design team" of a commercial antenna company...
      being invited to be a member of multiple contest teams... being invited
      to operate some special events stations (e.g., Ships on the Air) ...
      being appointed to a repeater board... designing and building small
      accessory circuits... and so forth.

      But now... I see I have not done enough and should be ashamed about
      being an appliance operator (I mean amateur radio operator) and that
      I have not done enough in the past four years as a ham ... it now
      appears I spent 30 years in the wrong profession and should have stayed
      out of ham radio because I just ain't good enough to measure up to the
      standards listed in your diatribe... oops, I mean bio sketch. which is
      more of a missive than a biography.

      Shoot... I don't dare post MY background now.

      Happy trails y'all.