Re: [AmateurRadioLeadership] How's Membership Holding Up? Where do the Leaders come from? Program Suggestions?

  • Dan Romanchik KB6NU
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2013
      Hi, Norm:

      I'm no longer an officer of our club (although I do chair the Education Committee), but my observations are very similar to yours. The students in my one-day Tech classes are a diverse group, and usually include one or two teenagers. I recently completed an eight-week General Class license class, and of the five that were regular attendees, three were 20-somethings and two were women. The last time I scrutinized our club roster about 25% were women.

      As far as leadership goes, finding club officers is a problem, but I don't worry about that anymore. I think officers should serve until they're tired of doing it, then just quit. If the club is serving a valuable function, someone will step forward. If not, then it probably isn't really all that valuable and will just fade away.

      73!

      Dan KB6NU
      CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
      Station Manager, WA2HOM at the Hands-On Museum (www.wa2hom.org)