Does your club own a projector ?

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
      The last time i was "asked" to be the club VP I stated that I would only do it if the club bought a digital projector to use at the monthly meetings - for the featured speakers.

      I found a used 8 year old Proxima projector at the TRW ham swap meet for $150. We have since put 60 hours on the lamp and it is still going strong - even though not as small and bright as the current models - it is a workhorse.

      Renting projectors is expensive. So we got lucky with our purchase. And use it almost every month. I feel that any general club meeting without graphics or displays or eye candy - is more boring than a meeting with these things.

      Projectors start about $400 when on "sale" at the Staples type stores. A cheap investment in keeping members and guests coming back to monthly meetings.

      And I often plug my iPad into our "old" projector to show video or graphics or websites. Apple has a neat little VGA adapter ($30) to make this possible.

      Go forth and project !

      73
      Bruce N1BN
      Pasadena Radio Club

      And to toot my own horn, here is my most recent Field Day film...
      http://youtu.be/gTtgU1bhk70
      Show it at your club meeting if you like. Enjoy
      Projected from my iPad at our July meeting.
    • Norman Schklar

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
          The local rabble use just such a projector, especially during license
          exam classes. The usual "teacher" does a good job of mixing slides with
          speech to keep participants focused, augmenting the slides with
          anecdotal information, to give them a wider context.

          Definitely a good club investment.

          .