Re: HamRadioWebsites.Net

  • William
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2013
      You bet! A liason is established for each club. The local club members do not need to be graphic artists or programmers. The liason feeds the text and photo's to HamRadioWebsites.Net and they do the rest. They have wordsmiths that can write stories if a local member is unable to do so. They have graphic artists and programmers to code the sites. The system works well.

      William

      Message 2 of 7 , May 9, 2013
        Nuts... I guess I am with Dan on this one... if your club cannot put a
        news letter or simple web page on the web, then it has already
        floundered. If you ship all the work out, you are just copping out on
        it.

        A newsletter or web page does not have to be complicated or highly
        technical to be effective -- but it MUST HAVE INTERESTING CONTENT -- and
        no ghost writers are going to be able to infuse a dull club with an
        exciting story - if the story is not intrinsically exciting, it just
        won't appeal no matter who writes it. If you cannot tell your own
        story, then perhaps you don't have enough story to tell. Good stories
        write themselves. These ghost writers won't be able to say more than
        you tell them to say... if you have good programs, interesting and fun
        activities, then newsletters write themselves. I wrote multiple
        newsletter for local chapters of national organizations for over 25
        years - and I quit only when the clubs had no news to tell - when stuff
        was happening, it was easy to write about it. It was either appealing
        to members or not - not based on the writing, but on what it was about.
        If you have nothing to talk about, then neither will the ghost writer.
        If you do have something to say, just say it.

        Probably not a popular view, but that is my take on it.

        On 5/9/2013 6:11 PM, William wrote:

        The liason feeds the text and photo's to HamRadioWebsites.Net and they
        do the rest.

      • William Haggard