Introduction - W8DER

  • W8DER
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2012
      My name is Michel Hill and I have been a ham since becoming K8KOQ in 1956 during my high school years. During my college years, I became W3ANT in Baltimore. I have undergraduate degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. I also have a Master's degree in Computer Science. I became W8DER when I moved to Grand Rapids and starting working in the aerospace business at Lear Siegler where I stayed for 30 some years and taught database design at Aquinas College on the side. I also wrote a college text on Database Design. That makes me a geek, I think.

      I am a member of the Holland Amateur Radio Club and the Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association where I am the club webmaster. I am also webmaster of MichiganFoxHunter.com, a group of hams promoting hidden transmitter hunting in Western Michigan. I am also a moderator of several ham radio Yahoo Groups. On the air, I enjoy CW and PSK31 on HF.

      I think Dan has a super idea going here. I attended his ARRL Amateur Radio Leadership Workshop last weekend had got really fired-up. I am especially interested in what other clubs are doing with the Arduino Microcontroller to teach computer programming build microcontroller projects. It has to be a great membership retention and training tool!

      73's to all!