[AmateurRadioLeadership] Introduction K8TB

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2012
      OK, Tom Bosscher, K8TB here from Hudsonville, Grand Rapids, Holland MI.
      I was a geeky 13 year old when my cousin, now K6FMB and I taught each
      other electronics and got our licenses. We then challenged each other in
      high school for the radio-telephone licenses, of which we each got the
      1st phone in our junior years. This ham radio thing led to both of us
      going into broadcasting for a career. Been doing it for some 40 years.

      I am now empty nested, 8 grandkids and have extensive in shack QRM from
      K8AJ. I enjoy 6 m SSB, Fox Hunting and then I putz into everything Ham
      Radio, weekend dx'ing, digital modes and the like. I like what Larry,
      WB8R stated, in that this has been and is a great hobby. I am the
      secretary of the Holland (Michigan!) ARC, and I also enjoy teaching
      classes, having taught 2 general and 5 extra class classes in the last 6
      years. I also have started writing articles of "Hams from Around Here",
      trying to capture some of the essence of these heritage people
      (www.hollandarc.org) Oh ya, I do the VE thing with K8AJ (again, the in
      shack QRM).

      I appreciate Don bringing this Internet platform to reality to help us
      all grow of clubs and the ham population. Lots of stuff for us to share.

      73 de tom K8TB