Who's holding classes this fall?

  • danromanchik
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6 8:00 AM
      I know it's still summer, but to be really successful holding classes you need to start planning ahead.  With that in mind, who's planning to offer classes in the fall?

      I'll probably be teaching a Tech class in late September or early October, followed by a General class. I haven't taught a General class for quite a while, and I'm betting that there's quite a backlog of Techs wanting to upgrade.

      73!

      Dan KB6NU
      CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
      Station Manager, WA2HOM at the Hands-On Museum (www.wa2hom.org)
      Read my ham radio blog at http://www.kb6nu.com
    • K8TB
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6 9:19 AM
        Dan,

        I am a member of the Holland ARC, and I will be teaching an 8 week
        general class class at the Grand Rapids ARA location at the Kent County
        Red Cross location. I did an Extra class class this past winter there.
        This is two clubs working together.

        Also, the Holland ARC will be having a Ham License in a Day class in
        September. We've never done this before, but we have been pushed by the
        Holland Red Cross and the Ottawa county Emergency Management folks. The
        head of Ottawa County Emergency management herself is taking the class,
        and most of the top levels of the Red Cross organization are going to
        take it. And they way cool part? We have a 9 year old signed up.

        And I haven't emailed her yet, but the reporter from the Holland paper
        that came out to the Holland ARC field day wants to take the class. Wait
        till she finds out that she has a built in story with the 9 year old.

        Good times for a 59 year old!

        Tom Bosscher K8TB