Re: 501c3 Status? Am I missing something?

  • Norman Schklar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2012
      The groups I belong to are every bit as valuable as the ones you mention in your email.  Just smaller.  So if dollars or equipment donations can help your organization grow and better server the community, then why not be able to take donations and give the donor a tax benefit?   If you've got a several year old club, then just start going through your memberships.  Someone can help you obtain a 501c3 status.  Not that it should be a priority.

      You probably have members in your club that are looking for tax breaks.  A financial or equipment donation may be what they are looking for.   And it isn't totally out of possibility that your club could be benefactor of an estate.

      Norm, wa4zxv